Noise from engine bay

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Noise from engine bay

Post by Justin L »

I don't know what it is. When i was coming home from work today i heard it and thought it was my power steering because it makes the same kind of noise when the wheel is turned all the way to the left or right but i realized that it wasn't that. everytime i push on the gas, even a little bit, it makes that noise. it sounds like it's coming from the drivers side. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Voltron
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Voltron »

Your discription is pretty vauge. Can you hear it if you pop the hood at idle while parked?
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

yea sorry it's so vauge. it doesn't pop or anything. it sounds as if it's coming from right under me(drivers seat). every time i rev it gets louder. it just whines. that's the only way i know how to describe it. everything else works fine. it started doing it when i got home from work last night. (nice teeth by the way voltron)
Voltron
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Voltron »

Ok well if it is a wining noise that goes up with revs, obviously it is coming from something attached to the engine's rotation. Could be: power steering, a/c, water pump, oil pump, fan belt thingy, alternator, transmission bearings....... Thats about all that I can think of.
In fact, now that I think about it and you say it comes from right under you, my best guess would be the transmission. Sounds just like what happened to my first tranny.

Edit; like those theeth? Hhaha I knew those would get some attention. Something about them just doesn't look right.
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

figured it out. gahh easy fix and i feel stupid. more power steering fluid. didn't check that even though it's been leaking. haha oh well