Clutch Flywheel question...

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Berserker
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Clutch Flywheel question...

Post by Berserker »

So as im going to be picking up a trans soon, doing manual swap, and then turboing my s14, wut u guys think about clutch and a flywheel, i want it to be able to handle some horsepower, and woud a resurfaced flywheel(stock) be good? or should go aftermarket? And for clutch iv read it somehwere that z33 stock clutch is nice, does that fit with the ka trans? Or hsould i just go ACT, and if i go ACT should i go to liek stage 4 if il be shooting for 300whp? I was looking at the ride set ups here on this forum, they all had like stg 4 or 5 clutches, then again they were boosting high and making alot of hp hehe, let me know what u think :D
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

you should beable to use a stage 3 with 300hp much over that and your going to slip.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc
SHIFT_OneOffS14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by SHIFT_OneOffS14 »

SPEC Stage 3 would be perfect for around 300HP.
-Ryan
-1995 Nissan 240sx (S14)
-Proud to be an American.
Fizor

Post by Fizor »

I would vote for ACT clutch/Fidanza flywheel (my personal setup). ACT makes a very streetable clutch, and I love how much faster the revs are with the 11lb flywheel. This is a bit off topic, but it may help him in making his decision...
Seems like I read on a post somewhere where it was mentioned that super light flywheels (example being a 7 lb) are awesome for N/A cars, but arnt as effective on a turbo charged car. Didnt seem to make a whole lot of sense to me so I thought i'd throw it out there.
Old setup: Stock Motor SOHC @ 10 PSI
Currently under construction..
SHIFT_OneOffS14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by SHIFT_OneOffS14 »

Fizor wrote:I would vote for ACT clutch/Fidanza flywheel (my personal setup). ACT makes a very streetable clutch, and I love how much faster the revs are with the 11lb flywheel. This is a bit off topic, but it may help him in making his decision...
Seems like I read on a post somewhere where it was mentioned that super light flywheels (example being a 7 lb) are awesome for N/A cars, but arnt as effective on a turbo charged car. Didnt seem to make a whole lot of sense to me so I thought i'd throw it out there.
Lightweight flywheels are not good for drag racing, so if you want a launching, speed shifting drag car, just keep your stock flywheel. A lightweight flywheel is designed to be effective on road race oriented car. Its just less rotational inertia that the motor has to over come.
-Ryan
-1995 Nissan 240sx (S14)
-Proud to be an American.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

I only found ACT stg 2 for KAde, i might have to look into them more, this guy on zilvia.com sells and only has stg 2 il ask for stg3, i rally want to get a good clutch so i dont have to replace it later when it cant handle the HP, and il proly go with STOCK resurfaced flywheel, just need to make up my mind on a clutch :S thanx for ur input.