locked rear differential today!

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
POIZNES
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

locked rear differential today!

Post by POIZNES »

well i finally got fed up with the one wheel wonder and decided to weld up my rear differential... i would say total it took about 3 hours not working hard at all and by myself! it took me longer to get it out than it took to get it back in and after it was out welding it up couldnt have been much easier or straight forward... car kinda feels funny in a full slow turn, you can hear the tires spinning a little but im sure i will get use to it :twisted:
pulled out on my road and decided to make sure everything was going to hold and after a nice smokey burnout seeying the two solid black twisty tire marks in my rearview made it all well worth it!!!! 8)
lov2xlr8
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by lov2xlr8 »

congrats, i have a vlsd and my car does better burnouts than my friends firebird :lol:
JustS13R

Post by JustS13R »

the only thing i hate about welded difs. are that they push the tires straight when ur stop.
JustS13R
POIZNES

Post by POIZNES »

i live a half mile from a drag strip :lol: just use the car for playing with the v8s and somthing to drive back and forth to work... hell of a work car! lol gets me there on time when im running late also... hehe
boker240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by boker240 »

ya, those ****ing v8ers,smoke em :wink:
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
POIZNES

Post by POIZNES »

just got back from the 1/8 ran a 9.2 with pretty much no tuning at 4lbs with some crap tires.... even with the junk tires it hooks extremely hard! plenty hard enough to make all the mustangs and a few corvettes i raced mad! :twisted: i have a set of mickey thompson drag radials out behind the house i wanna try out but im kinda scared i will start to break **** with them! bet it would look bad ass though... :lol:
elks240
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by elks240 »

The only thing you will break are axles. AND that is is only if the welds in the diff break. I snapped 5 axles total. Did you use nickel rod to weld it up with?
89dc240

Post by 89dc240 »

cops give a hard time in your area when they see you take a slow corner?
1wheelwonder
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 1wheelwonder »

I love my "shade tree save me tons-o-money super 2 way diff".
SkylineKin
240sx Wannabe

Post by SkylineKin »

i love my welded diff too!! Its alot of fun, but pretty hardcore.
POIZNES

Post by POIZNES »

i welded it up with a high power mig... i actually melted most of the gears together! as far as cops... lol we dont have any cops in this area much! we have one cop that is on duty where i live and i never see him, plus all the roads are pretty much straight or long curves... we dont even have emissions or sound control either so as long as im not in a car that looks fast and im going fast then i really never have to worry about any cops!
babowc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by babowc »

elks240, you're snapping the 240sx axles?
how much power are you running?
p00t wrote:. A turbo is basically changing the size of your motor depending on your mood 8)
elks240

Post by elks240 »

babowc wrote:elks240, you're snapping the 240sx axles?
how much power are you running?
420whp, and 6000rpm clutch dumps on a 275 width drag radial tire. 1.6 - 1.7 60' times