GT35R + Stock Motor?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
brianphung
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

GT35R + Stock Motor?

Post by brianphung »

So yeah, the 50 trim at 20 psi has begun to bore me lately, so I purchased a GT35R with .63 turbine housing. Any opinions on how this will fare on my stock motor? Running 94 octane and M10 methanol nozzle. JGS log manifold, AEM EMS, 850cc injectors. Stock motor with supposedly 170ish km on it. Good idea, bad idea?
pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

i say do it you have a aem should be safe those things are bad ass and who cares if you blow it then you have a sick ecu, and you have a sick turbo and then you build your motor to those parts so there ya go my 2 cents are do it then build it if it blows
mistamacadamian
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mistamacadamian »

i agree with that guy, your tune controls everything, it can make or break any perfect set up. it'll lost on a safe tune, but dont be expecting to run crazy numbers on a stock motor.
we jammin, an i hope you like jammin too. t25 setup, 11psi, drag radials, 13 @ 106
pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

also i THINK see the THINK that you can have multi maps so if you want to drag some guy you can select that map and get more power which will be alittle more dangerous but fun and then for street riden select a detuned map this is what i think and also the gt35r is a badass turbo and with a aem you can build stupid build sitting still on the line!!! SICK!!! my buddys friend had a aem and made stupid boost off the line sogood luck and i am jealous of your aem!

and yea this isnt 100% accurate and technical just some help from a spode so dont bash me just tryin to help
Craving4Boost
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Craving4Boost »

how much power are you making with the 20psi on the 50trim turbo? and what turbo exactly is it?
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

pearl240sx wrote:also i THINK see the THINK that you can have multi maps so if you want to drag some guy you can select that map and get more power which will be alittle more dangerous but fun and then for street riden select a detuned map this is what i think and also the gt35r is a badass turbo and with a aem you can build stupid build sitting still on the line!!! SICK!!! my buddys friend had a aem and made stupid boost off the line sogood luck and i am jealous of your aem!

and yea this isnt 100% accurate and technical just some help from a spode so dont bash me just tryin to help
Power and reliability go hand in hand. IMO, the engine should be tuned and run for a while to test for detonation after hard use. Of couse, you do not need to worry about this if you simply drag race. For track use, you need to ensure that the engine does not detonate after extended high load use. Typically, this is an indication of cooling problems or incorrect spark plug heat range. And then, some engines are just not designed to be run under high load/high power for extended periods.

A properly designed engine/cooling system should not require separate tunes for each using the same boost pressure/fuel.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

i knew cory would come in sometime or another this guy if full or knowlegable info and this is in all seriousness this guy help me out with everything so listen to him!!!!!
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

nissanfanatic wrote:A properly designed engine/cooling system should not require separate tunes for each using the same boost pressure/fuel.
Quoted for emphasis. The only time you'd want multiple maps would be if you've got a pump gas and a race gas map or run different parts on the street and at the dragstrip. Two separate boost maps might be handy, but a good tuner can often get both of those boost levels mapped out with the same map too.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
racersonly2004
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by racersonly2004 »

the aem ecu sucks you should totally let me take that of your hands for you i got 2 dolla :lol: but seriously sounds like a great setup good luck on your build i wish i could get my hands on the cash to finnish my project.