CXRacing IC Kit fitment in S13 with top mount mani fitment?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
ppctx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

CXRacing IC Kit fitment in S13 with top mount mani fitment?

Post by ppctx »

I'm thinking about upgrading intercooler. Does anybody know how much modification is required to get that CXRacing s13 FMIC kit to work in an s13 with JGS or other top mount mani. Is the cold side straight drop in and do all the hoses work work with the TB and 2-2.25" outlet of a t3/04.
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb
importdps
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Re: CXRacing IC Kit fitment in S13 with top mount mani fitme

Post by importdps »

ppctx wrote:I'm thinking about upgrading intercooler. Does anybody know how much modification is required to get that CXRacing s13 FMIC kit to work in an s13 with JGS or other top mount mani. Is the cold side straight drop in and do all the hoses work work with the TB and 2-2.25" outlet of a t3/04.
Send me a link to the actual product and the setup you have on there.
Import Drag Performance
2947-51 North Marshall Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
866-703-8794
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

i got a s14 but obviously its damn simular. the cold side is 2.75 so it matched the TB then IC is 2.75 on both sides. the hot side is a 2" (same as mt gt32 outlet) that transitions into a 2.5" and uses a step up coupler to mate to the IC.... seriously, 1 cut to the hot pipe and u should be good u could u se a coupler even. i have a tig so im going to weld em but for 208 shipped i dont even know how cx is making money. the quality is great and the pipes are 2mm and easily weldable. all the wled are nice and the packageing is awsome. once i get my mani studs and gaskets off the lazer everything will be going back together so i can take pics. i know u have a s13 but i was also super stoked the cold pipe didnt interfear with my washer resivoir or my fog lights. i def. reccoment the cx kit over the other kits on ebay like godspeed
DrEaMeR_VaNg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

Very informative post, do remember to post pictures of IC setup. What manifold are you running?
Kouki.Love.
Kirk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Kirk »

Look at my build thread in the Pictures section....

I have that IC kit with the JGS manifold...
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

DrEaMeR_VaNg wrote:Very informative post, do remember to post pictures of IC setup. What manifold are you running?
i have a etd tubular... i say it sits about 1-1.5" closer to the firewall then a JGS.

heres the idea of how im going to run mine (sorry all i really got for pics right now) but you could just as easily run the hot pipe up high with the compressor outlet facing the tower.
obviously yet to make any cuts...just stuffed it in there to make some measurements

ill do my best to remember to post more pics... it could be a few weeks though...for final pics....if u want mock up pics thats no problem...
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I think you're going to need to upgrade the material for your turbo inlet. :lol:
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Kirk wrote:Look at my build thread in the Pictures section....

Is that cold side from the kit and hot side custom? Your cutting of the front bumper support is one of the things that makes me "think" I'm alright as is, current 18*6*3 core, it fits the s13 mouths perfect, every bit of core getting direct air flow.

Maybe its just that I dont understand the FMIC, other than the heat sink effect, I dont see how having one bigger than the bumper frontal air hole, is of much benefit.
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

titanoh
240sx Wannabe

Post by titanoh »

I dunno, carboard is a very strong material. Highdurability, waterproof...
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

sdaigle240, thanks for the pic. That is helpfull

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

np bro...

here enjoy

with the way i showed the hot pipe above it comes down into the wheel well... so ill have to cut a few inches off this pipe. if u have ur compressor facing the tower u can leave this pipe and just cut some of the straight out of the upper hot pipe.

IC...i have it pretty low to clear the fogs....so not a whole lot of it is blocked by the bumper support. plus s14's look nice with the mouth of the bumper cut bigger/higher

fog/resivior clearence hole through tray not cut yet

upper cold pipe

i just learned how to tig alum pipe so thats why im going the slightly more complicated rout
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

It sure looks like they got the IACV nipple in an odd location. I think that kit will work out nice for me. Cold side looks as if it will drop right in and can use my current 2.25" hot side pipe if I buy a 2.25"-2.75" silicone reducer. Thanks a bunch for the pics, that’s exactly what I wanted/needed to see. Maybe I’ll masticate the bumper support and get a wide mouth front bumper.

Will the wallet ever quite bleeding?

DrEaMeR_VaNg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

Whoa, I love how the cold pipe runs through and you can still keep your windshield reservoir.
Kouki.Love.
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

I'm wondering how that works. I got 2.25 going thru there (S13) and its a squeaker.

Kirk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Kirk »

ppctx wrote:
Kirk wrote:Look at my build thread in the Pictures section....

Is that cold side from the kit and hot side custom? Your cutting of the front bumper support is one of the things that makes me "think" I'm alright as is, current 18*6*3 core, it fits the s13 mouths perfect, every bit of core getting direct air flow.

Maybe its just that I dont understand the FMIC, other than the heat sink effect, I dont see how having one bigger than the bumper frontal air hole, is of much benefit.
Actually, the only thing I used from the kit was the lower cold side pipe. Everything else is custom. It was easier for me to just make my own to get it to fit the way I wanted too.

Keep in mind that the "IACV" nipple on that pipe was intended for the SR motor. You might want to make up your own mind if you want to use it or not...

And no, the wallet never stops bleeding... LOL
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

i think u can just shorted the iacv nipple and be good. im gonna go check out ur thread kirk im interested....