RevHard Clearance Options. HELP!!!

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
irritatedmax
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

RevHard Clearance Options. HELP!!!

Post by irritatedmax »

I have a t3/t4 with a 4 bolt housing on my RevHard, and it will not clear the front brake line/port on the bmc with the downpipe flange and bolt. what are my options? here are my possible solutions:

1. 5 bolt housing and stock bmc

2. 4 bolt housing and z32 bmc (it has a front nub but not the brake line at the front like stock)

3. 5 bolt housing and z32 bmc

please let me know if you KNOW something does or does not work. where can i buy just the garrett 5 bolt housing if needed? i need this like yesterday. :shock: :? :x

(i have a blown 5 bolt turbonetics and it cleared no problem. that is my basis for the 5 bolt option. i am not sure if garrett has a drastically different 5 bolt housing.)
racersonly2004
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by racersonly2004 »

im not exacly sure what ur trying to say. is the exhaust housing hitting the bmc or the is it the downpipe. pics????
2point4turbo
240sx Wannabe

Post by 2point4turbo »

the blown turbo and the new turbo. compare the exhaust/turbine specs. if there the same swap housings. it will bolt right on, just gota make sure the specs are the same.
Joking41 wrote:i might go with a aluminum head eww!!
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

racersonly2004 wrote:im not exacly sure what ur trying to say. is the exhaust housing hitting the bmc or the is it the downpipe. pics????
the exhaust housing doesn't hit but there is not enough room to fit the downpipe flange and bolt between the housing and bmc. i have pics at home.
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

2point4turbo wrote:the blown turbo and the new turbo. compare the exhaust/turbine specs. if there the same swap housings. it will bolt right on, just gota make sure the specs are the same.
yeah, i tried that. they are not the same. i called peak boost yesterday and asked them if the housing difference was a part of the way they are made. they confirmed 4 bolt housings sit about an inch out further than 5 bolt housings. who knew? not me. hope this helps someone else out there.
Craving4Boost

Post by Craving4Boost »

use a on-center turbine housing turbo. will work just fine with plenty of extra room for a downpipe. if you don't know what on-center means...look up on-center t04b's. older turbo designs but a lot of times they are on-center turbine housings.

if you dont like that choice..sell your revhard and have someone make a log manifold for cheap or buy one from JGS or custom.
Craving4Boost

Post by Craving4Boost »

use a on-center turbine housing turbo. will work just fine with plenty of extra room for a downpipe. if you don't know what on-center means...look up on-center t04b's. older turbo designs but a lot of times they are on-center turbine housings.

if you dont like that choice..sell your revhard and have someone make a log manifold for cheap or buy one from JGS or custom.
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

Craving4Boost wrote:use a on-center turbine housing turbo. will work just fine with plenty of extra room for a downpipe. if you don't know what on-center means...look up on-center t04b's. older turbo designs but a lot of times they are on-center turbine housings.

on center housings are the only way to make a t4 fit on a revhard. a t3 will fit just not the standard 4 bolt housing. there are not many on center t3 options out there.
ppctx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by ppctx »

It would not have taken much casting difference to make the revhard more genericly useable. It could have been a perfect (almost) equal length style mani?
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb