Coilover kit

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Boost1986
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Coilover kit

Post by Boost1986 »

What kind of coilovers(adjustable) do you s13 guys use? Where can i find it? How are they? HOW MUCH $$$?
Chad4061
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chad4061 »

i got some jic A2 Coils for my s14 and they are really good but pricey...usually go for around 1800 new. If you are on a budget i would get some megan racing cause i got a buddy who has some on his s14 and they handle well and have held up well so far(3+yrs)
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

I purchased used. Got Cusco fronts with camber plates, and HKS rears for $250.

Sometimes you can get good deals, but its always buyer beware when its used stuff.
hersheskuirt
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by hersheskuirt »

If you have the money now, there is a guy selling some for a s13 on here. They are brand new, never been mounted or anything.

Here is a link to his for sell thread. Just shoot him a PM and he can tell you more.
viewtopic.php?t=44674
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I guess that depends on what you want to do with your car.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
SPULNKA
240sx Wannabe

Post by SPULNKA »

emo_tactical9 wrote:I guess that depends on what you want to do with your car.
^^^^ Once we know the answer to this question, it will be alot easier to point you in the right direction.

Ivan
na12uto

Post by na12uto »

fully adjustable for whats best for your money will be stance

I am using apexi but my friend uses stance and they are the best for the money that i could recommend
Boost1986

Post by Boost1986 »

I just want my girl to look low(lowering springs don't do the trick that much) and maybe some drift. Something like this:

Skeeg
240sx Wannabe

Post by Skeeg »

on spl the KTS coilovers offer lower then regular and then a super drop.... they are pretty decently priced im prob going pick a set up myself
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

I recently bought a set of Stance GR+ pro for my s13 a month back, and it rides beautiful. I would recommend this brand/type if your not to concerned about spending 1k....
S13 KA-t
Chad4061
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chad4061 »

ive heard great things about stance coils...probably the best for the price. i was lookin at ksport but i kept seeing reviews about how they were just not made that well and that for the same price get megan racing or spend a little more and get some stance...luckly a guy was selling some brand new jic A2's for 1000 shipped at the time so i jumped on that deal! :lol:
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

whatever you decide to do.....dont buy teins, they handle like the car is literally glued to the road but your spine, ass and neck will pay a hefty price trust me im only keepin em cause i got em with the car.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
irritatedmax
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by irritatedmax »

i have o.g. 1st generation stances on my s14. they are fine and easy to get serviced. i've had megan streets on my s13 and they were fine. just a little more bouncy.

if you live around phoenix, ksport is local. i have heard nothing but good things about how easy it is to get them serviced/warrantied. if you live around chicago, stance is local. if you live around san diego, parts shop max (powered by max) is local.

there are a jillion coilover options out there. if you want low low, parts shop max takes the cake and are only $1000. i have always been a fan of buying something that you could get easily warrantied should something happen.
Steve

R34SR

Post by R34SR »

not to go off topic but how much does it cost for you guys to get your coilovers serviced??

Tein told me if i ever need a full rebuild its $100 per coilover. not bad i guess for coils that cost in excess of $2k?
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

well, they would do a good job, and if you like that coilover, I would do it.
Chad4061
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chad4061 »

off topic as well but how often do you need to get your coils serviced?
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

Until they ride lik S**t....

No but seriouly i have a friend who have a set of megans and he got his service after 2 years.......(new york road)
S13 KA-t
Boost1986

Post by Boost1986 »

Thanks for all the info guys!!! When buying a kit, what would I need to look for, how will I know if its any good? Some of the guys I know have a few kits for sale but the do not know who made it.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

buddy it all depends on your budget...if i had money pouring out my bunghole id probably buy some KW variant 3's or HKS hipermax coilovers....i hear nothing but praise about those but they are both around 1500-1800. Now if i were spending a bit less....mabe the stance gr's.....about a grand but like they say you get what ya pay for. Lastly anything less and i guess were talkin megans.

The other thing you need to look at is what do you intend to do with your car? street? Drift? Race?

This will help determine what spring rates you choose....my teins came with 8kg front 6kg rear....i think this works out to 496 lbs per inch f and 386 lbs in rear.

To put things into perspective for you the stock 240 springs i think is 112lb inch f and r iirc..correct me if wrong but i think im close.

In otherwords my **** will handle amazing but not be very nice on the bumpy roads of nyc....im going to install 6k f and 4 k rear in the future to correct this. and i recommend around those rates for anyone who is just streeting their car. you can always stiffen it up with the adjustable dampers..granted the coilover you buy has that feature.

btw you can just clap softer springs on your coilovers, you must see whats the softest they can handle because if you put on a spring thats too soft you will blow them...the teins i have will allow a minimum of 6k 4k and pretty much anything harder.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

R34SR wrote:not to go off topic but how much does it cost for you guys to get your coilovers serviced??

Tein told me if i ever need a full rebuild its $100 per coilover. not bad i guess for coils that cost in excess of $2k?
it was free since it was under warranty. i just took my coilover into touge factory/stance and told them the issue. they took it in back and switched out the body in about ten minutes. i called ahead of time to ask what my options were and they said they would like to look at it. i was planning on going to chicago anyway so i just brought it with me and visited in person.

i think simba at touge factory said, a long time ago mind you, that it would be $100 per coilover for a rebuild. i have read in other threads that they are very good with warrantying their product.

its all about piece of mind. don't think i am pushing stance. its just what i have experience with. back when i bought mine, they were a brand new company (like 2 months old) and my options at the time were like megan, kts, tein, silkroad, and stance. tein, kts, and silkroad all seemed like a pain should anything go wrong with the product since they were mainly in japan for the service portion. so i called touge factory for some megans and they told me they were sold out. however, they had stance in stock so i coughed up the few extra bills and bought them since that was what i really wanted anyway.

so, yeah. that got long. haha.
Steve

scz18

Post by scz18 »

I hear good things about KW as far as ride quality goes. Stance are pretty bad ass though. You can cheap out and just get a set of entry level coilovers....but it seems like everyone advises against that
Chad4061
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chad4061 »

stance or megan if on a budget but KW FTW! Have heard amazing things from many just too pricey for my everyday car lol. basically just stay away from any ebay coils and you will be good
importdps
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by importdps »

Crazy as it sounds, we love the Megan Racing ones here on the cars we have done. They are pretty good. Most people I know think megan and think ebay crap, but some of the stuff they make is pretty good and doesn't have the big price tag.

If you want a new set, let me know. Were a Megan WD.

Rick
Import Drag Performance
2947-51 North Marshall Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
866-703-8794
proconcept23

Post by proconcept23 »

i know im probably going to get railed for saying so, but i have had ksports for over a year now on my s14. and i must say im very happy with them. no leaking, very comfortable for daily driving, and easily adjusted...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

no ones gonna rail you if its a product you bought with your own money , saved alot of $$, and after a year they are still making you happy....if anything people will just be envious.

Ksport and megans are becoming more and more of a popular choice for those one a budget. If my car didnt come with the teins im sure i would have probably ended up with those.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

I've rolled in a buddy's RSX-S with Megan's and liked them. They help up great for daily driving, a lot of height adjustment, and at the end of 2 1/2 years of the car being slammed only one needed to be rebuilt. I considered that pretty impressive. Countless track passes on them and he drove hard every day.

We've been doing business with MR since 2002 and haven't to this date had a set of coils come back to us defective. I know people knock them because next to a $2XXX coilover, they're not as good. But for someone who wants a nice drop, better handling/ride, I think they do the job well.

And for the KW Varient 3's. I'm not sure I'd buy myself at set. Too pricey for me even at cost. :lol:
Chad4061
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chad4061 »

good to hear those ksports are holding up...i was lookin into getting some but seen a few bad reviews so at the time i was just gonna get some megan but got a sweet deal on some A2's
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

another thing probably worth mentioning is that megan/ksport will let you get pretty darn low. the cheap ebay coils usually won't drop you as low as you are wanting. even tein basics, maybe even streets or flex's, don't drop you down low enough to tuck tire. i could tuck easy with megans on my s13. same with stance's on my s14. some are just designed to get low.
Steve