ka-t or rb25det or 2jzgte or ls1 or rb26dett

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
93s13ka-t
Dreams of owning a 240!

ka-t or rb25det or 2jzgte or ls1 or rb26dett

Post by 93s13ka-t »

i know that putting a toyota engine might affend some people but nothing is done yet. so my question is what engine would you go with.
know the pros and cons of the engine
ka24det dim a dozen, but the way i was going to build it was going to be just as much as one of these swaps
rb25det- skyline engine need i say more, but i can only hold 500 with out having to replace internals, and parts are really hard to get in the us.
2jzgte-supra engine with twin and puts the turbos on the passenger side, parts are easier to get ahold of in us. and can hold up to 800hp on the stock internals but its a toyota engine,

have fun and please no rude comments on the 2jz engine you cant deny it is a very good motor, all of them are just want to know which one you would put in.
Last edited by 93s13ka-t on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all shal perrish
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by all shal perrish »

gt42 + ls1 = :)

i would go with the 2jz though
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
Crash33
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Crash33 »

Well I would if you want parts accessablity go with a KA because most parts for a 2jz are just too over priced. I mean you can just go to a auto zone and get a water pump for like 30 bucks or so. personally I like to keep it nissan so I would go with a RB because I always liked the skyline motors and being that it is small and can produce a good enough on stock internals it would be a fun car.
1993 240sx fastback FINALLY TURBOED!!!!
T3\60-1
JGS LOG MANI
740CC INJ.
NISTUNE
93s13ka-t
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 93s13ka-t »

my dad said he would rather see me swap a ls1 than a 2jz in i am considering it but i would at least like to keep it japanese but a ls1 would be fun and cheap but i dont know about cutting the crossmember to get it to fit, and that is true on the kat parts are really cheap, if you think about the power handling of the transmission and it is well over a 1000 to get a good transmission swap to handle to power i want and i would like about 500-550 to the wheels and the ka transmission cant hold that for very long if u abuse it but it will if you dont.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

If i had money id probably go RB being im a nissan guy...no doubt the 2j is great. But in all reality the KA is by far the best value...even if you spend 1k for the mazworx vg tranny kit...you will spend more money on maintenance and upgrades for a rb or a 2j than you ever will on a ka.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

ls1 swaps are far from cheap.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

1jz if you aren't ballin'

Cheap and amazing. The 1jz bottom end has been known to hold 700whp, and the r154 transmission is pretty beefy as well.

If I could do it again i probably would have went this route. You don't have to build the bottom end, speed/density system, sounds like a ferrari with an open dump wastegate, cheap. If the motor blows you can pick up just the motor for $700 if you look hard enough.

2jz if your ballin'
RIP Nate(480sx)...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

are you talkin 1jzge or gte?? $700 buks for a 1jzge i would believe....otherwise where you gettin your motors from man..share!!!!
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

R34SR wrote:are you talkin 1jzge or gte?? $700 buks for a 1jzge i would believe....otherwise where you gettin your motors from man..share!!!!
Thats the gte, but just the engine. My comment was that the engine is cheap to replace if it blows, not get a whole new swap package.

I don't see any up for sale right now, but here is an example of how cheap you can get them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-1JZG ... ccessories

Thats $1000 for a complete swap with an auto tranny. If you can find an importer that will seperate the tranny the price comes down to around $700, i've seen them before. Or you can buy the whole swap and part out the extra parts you don't need and probably come out even cheaper.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
nismoz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by nismoz »

why not the rb26dett,it'll surpass the 2jz and maybe your thinking it's awd but thats why you use the gts-t trans which is behind the rb25.but price and parts it's gonna be the KA.
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

nismoz wrote:why not the rb26dett,it'll surpass the 2jz and maybe your thinking it's awd but thats why you use the gts-t trans which is behind the rb25.but price and parts it's gonna be the KA.
The rb26 doesn't even come close to the 2jz. I'd take a 1j over an rb26 anyday of the week. 2j vs rb26 isn't even an argument.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Yea thats not a bad price kfred....i did contemplate doing a sc300 with a 1j before buying the 240....but i quickly realized that the whole cost of car and swap was going to be a bit pricey.

And as for 1j vs rb26.......i absolutely HATE to have to agree with kfred.

Not that the rb26 is a slouch it has potential but it just seems like its easier to make plenty of power on a 2j vs a rb26.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Haha, we are starting to sound like ricers in this thread. lol

Throwing out engine codes left and right
RIP Nate(480sx)...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

lol.....at the end of the day im one of those guys who likes to see a nissan motor in a nissan and a toyota motor in a toyota.

if you really wanna piss me off put a honda motor in a nissan....i swear ill come set your car on fire.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

Kfred

Post by Kfred »

I'm one of those guys who likes to see a car go fast reliably, using the least amount of money possible. I think everyone should be open minded and choose a motor not by whom makes it, but by how much it costs installed and how it performs (power and reliability wise).

Rb26 swap is stupid expensive and the motor is decent, but nothing too special. Its power output surely won't justify the cost.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

well said, but its just a personal preference of mine....not that it matters since i forsee the KA will be the only motor i work on for a long time to come. you cant ask for a more simple and reliable motor than that. ....next project in the far future i would like to either be a rb25 swap or like i said a 1j in a sc300
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

Liger
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Liger »

As far as I'm concerned, an engine is just a power plant and to me, the maker means little.
I would simply put in the most capable engine you can afford to put in it.

So with that, 2JZ and never look back :) One of the greatest inline 6 engines with HUGE aftermarket support on both sides of the ocean, period.
dread240
240sx Wannabe

Post by dread240 »

I had debated it quite a bit myself, especially since we had just finished the 2j in the honda s2000 with a th400... but that car is a personal playtoy for him.

I've always been more into the competition of it all, and for me to run a decent class without dropping too much money, I pretty much had to stay KA.

Motor swaps were allowed, but only from same manufacturer, and 4 cyl cars had to weight 2300lbs and 6cyl cars had to weigh 3400.... so I stuck with the KA, cutting things out to get it down closer to my weight goal, and still make 600rwhp or so on q16.... KA worked out well for me
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

ls1 swaps are far from cheap. as said already i second this i like rb 26 i have yet to seen a clean set up posted on here
93s13ka-t
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 93s13ka-t »

i know this forum is about the 25, 2jz, and kat but the rb26 is a good motor but the same problem with the 25 is the parts in us is really hard to come buy and for the money and power to weight ratio is insane with the ls1 i might have to change the name of the post to add ls1 in to mix i have priced all three swaps and they all run about the same if you do the work yourself and dont pay a shop to do it. i dont like the thought of domestic in import but it is looking more and more like i might do it. and money may not be an issue if i can get a s14 for about 2k to 3k then i will have 3k to get the motor and tranny then just save up some more and get the rest of the parts to finish the swap
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

damn,sounds like a bunch of jibberish.......ok,the ls1 is like a $4-$5k engine w/trans it's makin wat 320hp,2j is very expensive to work on,rb25 & 26 is not easy to obtain parts for.but as the comment bout the 2jvsRb26...well thats a lost cause because i never seen one more capable of power than the other,hell put a VG30 in it(have fun wit that though)... but seriously have you thought about an LT1 those engines are very strong also wit plenty aftermarket support in a 3500lb Z28 it still pulls hard,if your lookin power at low cost and low aggrevation put a carb'd SBC in it.....wat are you gonna use the car for????how reliable does it have to be???? any engine can be built to make power,its really just a personal preference!
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

duramax or nothing
rebeltshead

Post by rebeltshead »

ever thought about a vh45? with twins maybe?
SHIFT_Live
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

VK56 with remote turbo done ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
all shal perrish

747 engine

done
BUAHAHHAAHAH

if you have some, pm me
yojo006

Post by yojo006 »

i thought this was KA-t.org, Not Swap-some-other-****-in-my-nissan.com ....this is another "How to make 500hp thread" ......
s14fiend

Post by s14fiend »

93s13ka-t wrote:my dad said he would rather see me swap a ls1 than a 2jz in i am considering it but i would at least like to keep it japanese but a ls1 would be fun and cheap but i dont know about cutting the crossmember to get it to fit, and that is true on the kat parts are really cheap, if you think about the power handling of the transmission and it is well over a 1000 to get a good transmission swap to handle to power i want and i would like about 500-550 to the wheels and the ka transmission cant hold that for very long if u abuse it but it will if you dont.
Well you are on a website that will be biased. I am sure many will agree to stay KA24DE and make it turbo (being that you still have the ka in your car). The only problem is, is that you say you want 500-550whp now but will eventually want to make more power when someone that has more power beats you in a race. Its called the speed bug or power bug you get the point once it bites you, you want more speed or power.

If you are starting out, stick with the KA you have cheaper parts and more room in the engine bay. Making it way more convenient to work on. That is if you plan to work on the car yourself.

But you are kind of vague in your first post. Not to mention your Forum Name is misleading. Are you even currently KA-T?

But all around considering you won't be working on the car (cause you have to be a newb if your asking this question) I would say go with an LS1 if you have the flow/cash/money/credit. Eventually you will want more power and torque for that drifting/drag racing fun that you are looking for. Not to mention the LS1 weighs as much as the 4 cylinder KA24DE. So you get 4 more pistons or 4 more cylinders to make power with then that of the KA24DE. Comparing the two is a waste of time. Asking to compare all of them is a waste of time. But in my opinion there is something about an LS1 that seems really fun.

At the end of the day, you have to make the decision. Ask yourself..... Do I have the time and funds to make this project of mine a reality? Or am I just dreaming? Just pick one and stick with it. Just remember about the bug, get something that will work for you further down the road in case you want more power and torque.
all shal perrish

CHARLES MINOR SWAP.. FTW

NUFF SAID

if you have some, pm me
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by azS13 »

Honestly the rb25 isn't that great of an engine. The 1j will surpass the 2j in all feilds of cost. And the rb26 is almost as bad as the 25... plus the rb's cost is way too high. Personally if I had the money i would do a ls2 swap. Guy in my town just did one in his s13 and i know its only like 10k for a full swap, all work done into a 350z, so it can't be too pricey for the swap into a 240, Especially if you can do all the work yourself and just pay for parts.
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

LS1 swaps arent that expensive. If you get an ACTUAL ls1 yes. But motors can be had for 200-600 bucks if you get variations such as...

Iron block 6.0L Lq4 (about 80lb's heavier putting it near 500lb's)

5.3L truck block.

All these are great motors, and will make great power. If going NA putting the 5.3 l heads, and an agressive cam onto the Lq4 should get you close 500whp with supporting bolt ons. The reason i personally am not going with the motor in the furture (though might put one in my dd) is because

LS1's are great motors, but, they're trannies are 1200 bucks on average. IF you can find a cheap tranny, tis a great motor to go with. Not only is the t56 expensive, but if you drive your car anywhere near hard it is most likely going to need a rebuild. (though there is a write up on this). If you running a large cam your going to need valve springs etc etc (at this point it starts to get expensive as you add **** on), and your limited to under 600, if you want more, built block is a must. Though, with a built block and tranny, it could handle anything you'd want without being a madman. Spooling 74mm's by ***** 3 grand. and revving to 8k.

The 2jz on the other hand the tranny and motor can be had for 5-600 bucks for both (Atleast i've seen a running motor go for 100 bucks that i'll prolly buy) stock block is good for 700, and 5spd's arent that breakable. My plan is, get the 2jz, if i dont like the powerband and spool, i can always sell all the mounts and supporting mods i made and make money, then decide to go ls1. The cheaper way is better first. But i dont think i'll be disapointed. THinking about havin two turbo's one for spool and one for boooooost lol. Just switch out the turbo elbow, cold pipe, and good to go lol.

Rb2X, VH, etc are ***** retarted. Rb's are a joke, making way less power htan the 2j and any variation of the motor making barely more displacement than the ka,plus way more expensive than the 2j, VH's dont have good fitment, weird as intake, you have to buy 4 cams, and on top of that they dont make near the power an ls1 does.
It's always broken.