finally Holset

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

finally Holset

Post by vladt3 »

I just got this Holset turbo, but I'm not sure if I can serve my ka-t project.
compressor on board could see that H1C.. as anyone knows the A/r's

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

z240xs
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by z240xs »

so are you asking what the A/R size is?
boosting it! solving it!
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

..yeap
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

sadly all i can find is that its a 50 trim, im finding tons of stuff on the HX35/40 but sadly not the H1C :?
boosting it! solving it!
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

z240xs wrote:sadly all i can find is that its a 50 trim, im finding tons of stuff on the HX35/40 but sadly not the H1C :?
Check out 240sx forums or Zilvia. I believe it's also located in here.
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

ya i havent really fully tried here yet so
boosting it! solving it!
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

H1C/WH1C:

In 1994, there was the Wh1c which has pretty much the identical compressor as the hx35 but with a Vband compressor cover. The turbine wheel is the same. It will bolt into the BEP bolton hx35 turbine housing. It has 4 bolts at the housing instead of 6. So you will need to buy 2 more bolts and use 6 washers cut to make a flat side. Honestly, I just used bolts that were cut a little short and the bolt head was wide enough to pull the chra to the turbine housing. No sealing issues. Since the Wh1c is for all practical purposes an 8blade hx35 the spool and flow is the same too.

I have the big h1c. It comes on the INTERCOOLED 1991-1993 cummins pickups. It has the webbing for MWE but no groove cut like the hx35/wh1c has. This turbo I term the big h1c because it has a 54mm compressor inducer and same exducer than the 8blade hx35/Wh1c. The other h1c is the small h1c found on the NON-intercooled cummins pickups. This has a 50mm inducer but only 7blades and has no webbing for MWE. Less blades helps flow, but so does a larger inducer diameter. The most whp ever recorded on a gas 4cylinder with the small h1c was done on a KA24 nissan: 411whp. Since the big h1c has a 4mm larger inducer and the same turbine wheel as the hx35, it is safe to say that it flows enough for between 411whp and 500whp. The diesel sources state that it flows SLIGHTLY less than the early hx35. So 4lb/min less than the 8blade hx35 puts the flow of the big h1c at 48-49lb/min right where a 50-trim or 20g is. The small bep housing is all that's needed to get the most from the compressor and the spool speed is 20+psi by 3500rpms.

coppied from d-series.org
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

oh and fyi when going to holset remember that the efficiency threshhold is much higher. with that turbo u really want to be somewhere in the 25-30 psi range to make use of the turbo
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

If its the 18cm turbine housing you wont see any boost in first gear!! just in FYI...
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

hmm this is interesting cause i to have a H1C turbo haha
boosting it! solving it!
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

Wh1c think it is not because not use Wastegate
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

im pretty sure your going to have to use a wastegate bro
boosting it! solving it!
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

yeah i know that i need wastegate,, but what turbo is exactly Wh1c or H1c and 12cm/18cm turbine housing is?
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

h1c 18m housing
boosting it! solving it!
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

damn... 18cm is so big, what you about that?
full boost at 5500 rpm?? :oops:
sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

vladt3 wrote:damn... 18cm is so big, what you about that?
full boost at 5500 rpm?? :oops:

No boost in first gear, and between 4400 and 4800 depending on what gear your in after that..
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

i want my setup for drag, so this turbo is good option?
sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

vladt3 wrote:i want my setup for drag, so this turbo is good option?

Yeah it will work, when boost comes on it hits hard. you may have to cut some of the hood support off but that depends on the Mani. you have...
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

fow now topmount egay mani..
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

you can find them cheap on there just dont get the ebay mani tubular mani
boosting it! solving it!
groundperformance
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by groundperformance »

If you want it for Drag setup 18cm would be fine.. Just use a launch control setup to help. but if you want it to be more responsive swap the turbine housing for something smaller like 12cm..

Check out this Holset turbo that one is badass
viewtopic.php?t=48116
boker240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by boker240 »

dude! if ur gonna drag u DONOT want that turbo.......................the damn thing won't be in boost every time u shift. it will have to build boost after the shift and kill ur time.
get a hx or hy35 or something just smaller that is efficient at 20-25 psi.and a equal length tubular mani.this will help with the spool and more power on the topend.
u want to utilize as much of the pwerband as possible.when u shift from 1st to 2nd u want to be allready in boost.with that turbo when u shift u'll have lag for 500-1000 rpm till it hits full boost and that will = sh*tty times.gl.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
vladt3
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by vladt3 »

what do you think.. if work it with high compression and some launch with
the wotbox, cause you can shift without moving the throttle
so is my idea for use a big A/r..
groundperformance

Please give it a shot first and decide for yourself. 18cm is not bad for Drag racing with an aid of lunch controller for building boost. Bigger AR will be less back pressure and more top end. having super responsive turbo is not always best for drag unless you drive around in full slicks all the time. 12cm would be a great all purpose turbine housing. Do your research most drag car/street racer Supra/DSM/RX-7 guys like bigger housing for better traction during launch and its all about the top end after that.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

vladt3 wrote:what do you think.. if work it with high compression and some launch with
the wotbox, cause you can shift without moving the throttle
so is my idea for use a big A/r..
imo,the bigger a/r is for more boost.that turbo will blow 35 psi easily.i would understand if ur where gonna just plug the wg and let it hit whatever boost it maxes at but i dont think ur gonna do that.really there is no use in using a big turbo unless ur gonna be using high boost.hy /hx is better for ur app imo.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
groundperformance

imo,the bigger a/r is for more boost.that turbo will blow 35 psi easily.i would understand if ur where gonna just plug the wg and let it hit whatever boost it maxes at but i dont think ur gonna do that.really there is no use in using a big turbo unless ur gonna be using high boost.hy /hx is better for ur app imo.
You keep recommending another turbo where the OP already has a decent Big H1C. H1C and HX35 is very similar while HX35 will perform a little better and smaller housing will be good. Hunting around for an HX35 with 12cm housing is rare and often come with 12~18cm not to mention they cost more than an H1C. You have a better chance of picking up an blown H1C with 12cm turbine housing and swap housing over.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

the first one i looked at on ebay was a 12 cm.not hard to find just have to get one that comes off a 01-03 dodge.and hey,,,if only wants to utilize 2000 rpm of the powerband and only boost from 5000-7000 rpm thats fine with me.he'll be changing it when he gets frustrated.
currently n/a.

groundperformance

If you do find one consider this. Chances are you're not the only one looking for it and that price will shoot up. Trust me been there took me 2 turbos to get my Hybrid Holset turbo setup.