xtd is commiting fraud!!!!!!!!! do not buy!!!

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

xtd is commiting fraud!!!!!!!!! do not buy!!!

Post by Jmcc »

ight well i have seen some ppl are using the xtd flywheel and clutches.

so i bought one to get me by for a little time. i installed the clutch and flywheel and got this horrible vibration due to the pressure plate and flywheel.

sorry plz read from the bottom up to under stand what thay are trying to do.
don't buy don't put your life at risk!!! this is fraud

so i emailed them and this is what i got.

Re: 91 240sx stage 3 clutch and flywheel vibration issue
Xtd Song <xtdusa@yahoo.com> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: <chunkylover228@yahoo.com>
yes,autocom inc used to put SFI sticker on all their flywheels but they only put SFI sticker upon customer request because they pay $2 each sticker to SFI company.
we are using competion clutch product,they are also SFI certified clutch and flywheel manufacture but they don't put SFI sticker either.
i can get SFI sticker from autocom inc tomorrow and i can send it to you.
please let me know
jim

To: Xtd Song <xtdusa@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 11:19:48 AM
Subject: Re: 91 240sx stage 3 clutch and flywheel vibration issue

I just contacted sfi, they said that it must have the sticker plus a serial number engraved into the part, none of the parts that i recived has a sfi sticker or serial number so the parts are infact not sfi certified.

To: jon bill <chunkylover228@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 1:46:06 PM

hi again.
the picture on ebay is old design stock photo.
We took that picture about 10 year ago and it is pretty much same flywheel as yours.
that flywheel is manufactured by Autocom inc in california.
if you go to SFI website then if you click on Manufacture,you will see Autocom company is listed on their website.
that flywheel is CNC machine balanced so i think there's something wrong with pressure plate.
did you check the motor mount?
If you have check motor mount?if you have bad motor mount, it makes vibration.
Regards,
jim

To: Xtd Song <xtdusa@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 5:02:46 AM

Hi,
I would love a stage 4 pressure plate, that may be the vibration problem if what you stated about the flywheel is true, but the flywheel is not sfi certified, although that is what the auction states. If you have been selling this flywheel since 1996 why is the picture totally different? And if you look at the pics I sent you can see where the disc was over the holes on the flywheel outer and not even to the edge on another side, is this caused by a pressure plate? Im not a backyard mechanic either. I am a hyundai trained technician so there is no confusion of operator error.

To: jon bill <chunkylover228@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, November 1, 2010 4:41:31 PM

hello.
i checked all your pictures but i don't see anything wrong with flywheel.
that dowel pins are located on correct position.
it doesn't matter that dowel pins are located on center or other position because that dowel pins are using for easy installation when you put pressure plate onto the flywheel.
we've been sold thousands of same flywheel since 1996 but we never had a problem with this flywheel.
i could send you stage 4 pressure plate which is more heavy pressure plate than red color stage 3.
please let me know
jim

To: XTDUSA@YAHOO.COM
Sent: Mon, November 1, 2010 11:09:45 AM
Subject: 91 240sx stage 3 clutch and flywheel vibration issue

here are the pics of the pressure plat and flywheel.

you can see the dowel pins are not centered on the flywheel.
you can also see that the flywheel has no sfi certifed sticker on it.
and also differs from one showed on the ebay store.

my name is jon
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

they have to have a serial number stamped into every part that is supposed to be sfi certified and a sticker. well mine wasn't witch means it was an untested part.

and there was a company not to long ago that was shut down cause of them making false stickers. that is fraud you can not just send me a sticker saying it certified if it isn't. and stating in you auction that it is certified and it isn't.

you just can't do that.
importdude
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by importdude »

Jmcc wrote:they have to have a serial number stamped into every part that is supposed to be sfi certified and a sticker. well mine wasn't witch means it was an untested part.

and there was a company not to long ago that was shut down cause of them making false stickers. that is fraud you can not just send me a sticker saying it certified if it isn't. and stating in you auction that it is certified and it isn't.

you just can't do that.
yup

search ull see how shady the owner of th company is

supra xtd
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

wow see i never found that before!! damn thats some f'ed up sh*t.
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

Is there any way this can be brought to the attention of said manufacturing company and/or EBay and force them to give you your money back?

He plainly admits his wrong doing and fraudulent actions in the emails, wouldn't that be grounds for a forced refund through Paypal even?
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

actually if you wanna attack them at the worse, contact the BBB(better business bureau) i had a problem like this before, grant it, it wasnt a clutch set up, just a sway bar, but none the less it was giving me the same issues that it was a false sway bar, wasnt certified for the use i was putting to it, they guy said hed send me a sticker as well, and when i heard this i called them and they took to it, got my money back and then some, go to the BBB and report it in
boosting it! solving it!
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

^^This^^

Please do... people like us getting rammed in the ass for wanting decent equipment is just wrong.

Have the BBB lay the pipe to his ass.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I got a nice 12lb XTD flywheel for an rb25.... its a shame they didn't provide the same quality parts/service to you as they did for me.

tsk tsk.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
keytops

Post by keytops »

I also had an XTD at one time. they are local. It held up to years of abuse and looked great when I switched to a stiffer setup. They do seem like they are trying to work things out though.
98 s14 SE Track and weekender.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

no paypal will make them give me money back and pay for the shipment back to them.

that said yes i have already contacted sfi and im sending the emails to them and also to ebay.

i don't mind china parts. and come on now are space shettle uses china made parts!
but to pull some bull crap like this its just plain wrong. and i will not take it.

im not really pissed about whats going on. im just using this and what im going through now to help others from making the same mistake.
Last edited by Jmcc on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

keytops wrote:I also had an XTD at one time. they are local. It held up to years of abuse and looked great when I switched to a stiffer setup. They do seem like they are trying to work things out though.

look yea he kinda trying to work it out cause he dosn't want to get shut down.
now that said its is fraud. you just can't send me a sticker to try and fix it,don't work that way. look some ppl used there parts with no problem. but for me i don't want to put my life at risk or sombody els. just to use this flywheel or clutch parts. i have seen flywheels come apart at the track and kill ppl. thats why NHRA will not let you use any clutch parts or flywheel's that is not sfi certified. why cause thay can kill ppl.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

i have been using their stage 3 pp with act 4 puck unsprung disc and xtd flywheel...the only stick i got on the product was on the pp...when i removed the sticker, exedy was stamped...
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

supakat wrote:i have been using their stage 3 pp with act 4 puck unsprung disc and xtd flywheel...the only stick i got on the product was on the pp...when i removed the sticker, exedy was stamped...
yea every thing i was sent had nothing stamped no writing nothing.
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

G
BubbaBlak wrote:^^This^^

Please do... people like us getting rammed in the ass for wanting decent equipment is just wrong.

Have the BBB lay the pipe to his ass.
The Bbb wont do anything but list complaints. That is, if they are even registered with them.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
zenkies14
240sx Wannabe

Post by zenkies14 »

i had ordered there stage3 worked great for about 9months then just went out almost overnight
-Ju$t DrifT-
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

my exedy pressure plate had a harder pedal feel than the one thay sent me.
i had to use the the disc to drive the car home from work since i pulled the tranny 3 times in two days. to try and find that vidration problem.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

No offense, but dont buy cheap ebay taiwan parts and complain about this type of stuff. Its just a given. This is why people pay 3 times more for ACT... when you pay 1/3rd you have to expect a bit less than high end perfection.

Im running an XTD flywheel and clutch kit, holds 400+whp no problem. If you're concerned about balance take the parts to a shop to check them. If you have a buddy at a tire shop they can even check on a tire machine.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

i work at a shop and the flywheel won't fit on it. trust me i allready tried.

now the flywheel is made in the us supposedly by autocom. i under stand about the quality thing.
but to lie about every thing. thats not what i pay for. and that thay are comiting fraud!!!! thats is what is really f*cking wrong!!

and look at ccw wheels how much do you pay for them??? and thay only pay 400 bucks to have a set made. so over charging is ok right??

you got over charged for for your xtd flywheel and clutch set. cause you just paid them to lie and say its certified.

and yes the flywheel and pressure plate was the problem. cause i used my stock flywheel and my old exedy pressure plate. no vibration problem.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

I dont think the auction I bought from claimed anything was certified.

And what vibration are you talking about? I cant imagine what an out of balance flywheel might feel like.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

As for over charging... THIS is over charging...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACT-Xact ... ccessories
Last edited by Jordan Gladman on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

the owner of amico seems like he is getting screwed on the kits.

its eather he knows and is shady as f*ck. or he really doesn't know and just repeates what the other company he is buying from tell them.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Im not saying you dont have a valid case, but when dealing with this "idiots" who basically just drop ship stuff they know nothing about, all you can expect is "yes".. they just want to sell a product. They probably dont even understand what you're asking.

I dont think you bought an out of balance clutch, but it is possible. Im just defending the cheap product that works for 90% of the people out there. If I was you Id take them up on the stage 4 pressure plate. Its wayyyy better that the red ones.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

Jordan Gladman wrote:I dont think the auction I bought from claimed anything was certified.

And what vibration are you talking about? I cant imagine what an out of balance flywheel might feel like.
the auction i got mine from has it up and down the page thats its sfi certified.

and i mean you won't notice it on the out side by just touching the car. but since my bucket is bolted right to the floor pan you feel every little thing that the car dose. and that problem was never there until the install. and went away when i removed it.

no i know its not his fault he just trying make a buck its the companys hear that sell him this ****. this guy is the seller of it not the maker!!!! im not going after the seller just the makers of it.
Last edited by Jmcc on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

use a right angle or a straight piece of metal to see if you can see any warping to approve your findings...
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

supakat wrote:use a right angle or a straight piece of metal to see if you can see any warping to approve your findings...
i mean the only way i fixed the vibration was to put the stock flywheel and pressure plate back in, thats it nothing was gunna fix it besides that.

now its not out of square but look at a oem flywheel it have balanced holes on the back of it. or some means of a type of balance.
mine just has a bunch of hole's drilled every where to make it look fancy.

im just the lucky guy got one f'ed up.

but think about like this you got a vibration in your tires k.
now you can be feeling 1/4 of an ounce off on your tire's balacne. see what i mean?
somthing so small can make a big diff at 1000 + rpm's.
Last edited by Jmcc on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

i wonder if someone bought the flywheel before, tried drilling it like a stupid **** and you got his ***** up flywheel...these ebay companies would probably sell a returned item since it is easier to return and item and send an untouched item...they probably do this since they might figure it may be installed or not or you will not find the issue out until pass their return policy...
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

i dunno about that man. but i mean you can be right. but for some one with a drill thats some damn good looking holes lol :D
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Jmcc wrote:i dunno about that man. but i mean you can be right. but for some one with a drill thats some damn good looking holes lol :D
I have a XTD flywheel in my car right now thats been in for almost 3 years. You are getting me worried about it! I have had it resurfaced before but Ive never thought about how well its balanced.....
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

TryingToTurbo wrote:
Jmcc wrote:i dunno about that man. but i mean you can be right. but for some one with a drill thats some damn good looking holes lol :D
I have a XTD flywheel in my car right now thats been in for almost 3 years. You are getting me worried about it! I have had it resurfaced before but Ive never thought about how well its balanced.....

you would feel it out of balance. i wouldn't worry about that. what i would be concerned about is if it gets a heat crack and shatters apart. but i mean i do see some of them have been tested and certified but mine wasn't. if you have bought one, and havn't installed it yet look for serial number stamped in to your parts. get the number off of it and call sfi.

@ 858-451-8868 or just go the their web site

http://www.sfifoundation.com/
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

Jordan Gladman wrote:No offense, but dont buy cheap ebay taiwan parts and complain about this type of stuff. Its just a given. This is why people pay 3 times more for ACT... when you pay 1/3rd you have to expect a bit less than high end perfection.

Im running an XTD flywheel and clutch kit, holds 400+whp no problem. If you're concerned about balance take the parts to a shop to check them. If you have a buddy at a tire shop they can even check on a tire machine.

o yea i for got to say. gladman, if any part is sfi certified it is good quality.

all harnesses and safty equipment and so have to be sfi certified to run in most race classes. and act is on their website. and so are alot of other company's.
and for drag racing i think you have to have you clutch parts recertified every 2 years or so.