so import went sr over ka.

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

so import went sr over ka.

Post by tom550 »

im sure some of you have seen their new 40.
when i asked them they said they felt they pushed the ka as far as it would go, and they wanted a new challange.

just want a discussion.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

i asked them what they were going to do to make more power with an sr but didnt get a response, at least i dont think i did. i cant find the thread
flip240

Post by flip240 »

i'm confused? the magazine?
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

i seen it but when i went to look for it the other day it was gone.

i would like to know also on why thay changed.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

check them out on facebook. they responded to me pretty quickly.

heres what it looks like now
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

This makes me sad. I don't have a problem with SR's. They are fine motors... but it still makes me sad.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
boker240

Re: so import went sr over ka.

Post by boker240 »

tom550 wrote:im sure some of you have seen their new 40.
when i asked them they said they felt they pushed the ka as far as it would go, and they wanted a new challange.

just want a discussion.
pushed it as far as it can go?!?!?! what? they don't even know how far they went! when they dynoed it it went off the chart over 1000 whp.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

There's sr's running 7s
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

here is there page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Import-DP ... 5084711392

I asked them why they ditched the ka? i will post their response.

sr is a beautiful motor but we like being underdogs with the ka.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

damn i can't get on face book at work. or see pics from them.

its not really the motors it the owners of the motors is witch makes them look bad somtimes lol. i love the sound of ka's over the sr's but i would pick the ca over a sr all day. if it had to come down to that.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Jmcc wrote:damn i can't get on face book at work. or see pics from them.

its not really the motors it the owners of the motors is witch makes them look bad somtimes lol. i love the sound of ka's over the sr's but i would pick the ca over a sr all day. if it had to come down to that.
well they clearly did it so they can make more power and i dont think thats gonna happen with a ca :wink:

i still want to know their reasoning behind the sr making more power than the ka, strictly a technical question
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

^^^^ no i know the ca ain't gunna do it i just love them lol.

but tiny you do have a very good qustion. i would also like to know the reason. but i don't see how its gunna out power the ka. :?
TheOne
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TheOne »

its economics......they did the research on the ka, now they're doing it on the sr so they can release products and sell them.

we all know the ka has more potential than the sr as far as hp, and TQ!

also i do believe there's ka's in the 7's aswell so thats a moot point.

i wouldn't mind having their block as it withstood ~10k rpm with the stock crank with certain modified things. i guess now would be the time for them to release some more info on what they did to do such thing. Also importdps announced this a month or 2 ago.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

The new car looks like **** ***** disgusting should of stayed with the white setup...
I was a moron and I got banned!
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

i am kind of distraught switching to an sr but it is better than switching to a 1j/2j or ls1. If their move was for monetary profits, I cannot blame them but they should have built another chassis for an sr! That would have been sick, same company, same chassis, different power plant, who will run faster. They are trying to get into the 6's so maybe thats why they went to sr. It will mostly likely be an sr with a neo head similar to mazworx. if they do that and run better than mazworx, it proves a big point in terms of mazworx team.

also we gained rosado racing, some other crazy puerto ricans. I have seen them run in south florida at the track and it is sick. They have a 3sgte, a 4g63 and now ka-t. I think rosado is more racing than import dps. i am about to block import from my facebook cuz all they post is sh!t for sale. I want news not marketing.

viewtopic.php?t=47972&highlight=rosado

Their website has not been updated but you get the picture...

http://www.rosadoracing.com/
Last edited by supakat on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

supakat wrote:i am kind of distraught switching to an sr but it is better than switching to a 1j/2j or ls1. If their move was for monetary profits, I cannot blame them but they should have built another chassis for an sr! That would have been sick, same company, same chassis, different power plant, who will run faster. They are trying to get into the 6's so maybe thats why they went to sr. It will mostly likely be an sr with a neo head similar to mazworx. if they do that and run better than mazworx, it proves a big point in terms of mazworx team.
how so? they are flying with that s15 and bench racing doesnt mean import dps's car is gonna go any faster than their 7.40. we will just have to wait and see, but while we do, mazworx IS hauling ass

and do you know what one of those 25.1 chassis' cost? i dont believe import dps has a chassis shop so they would have been coughing up 100+ for another roller for their racing program,
Last edited by TinyT on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

boker240 wrote:

just want a discussion.
pushed it as far as it can go?!?!?! what? they don't even know how far they went! when they dynoed it it went off the chart over 1000 whp.
if there are 800hp DD ka's im sure they can push it that much more. but we dont even know what they were at like you said. it would be nice to actually know where they were at.

hello johnny rockets i have car that pushes 500 horses ya ridicoulous i know :) robert has a car that pushes 23 horses not so impressive :) mustangs are defiantly the best car out there and one of the lightest and fastest! :) Japan made cars are the worst its all about american muscle like the mustang!!! Nissan's Suck so much especially 240sx with flat black paint job its defiantly not an ice cream paint job and meghan racing exhaust is terrible it sounds like honda civics..... Mustangs all the way true muscle the best car in the united states and the world no car can beat them!!! The volkswagen slug bug 1983 can beat any asian made car....Mustangs are the best and they r very rare also 240sx are too popular everyone and their grandmother has them....so if u want a 500hp car then buy a mustang because they r the best in the world and are the fastest stocck car in the world that can easily be built to over 1500 HP
hsha wtf ^^^ it was there when i came back to my computer
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

the best team makes the best power/faster et. Similar to when they had challenge on tv between efantis and rado at sema. rado made the same power as efantis but without nitrous. they raced on the las vegas strip.

http://www.lvracingscene.com/forum/show ... Rado/page3
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

[quote="tom550

hello johnny rockets i have car that pushes 500 horses ya ridicoulous i know :) robert has a car that pushes 23 horses not so impressive :) mustangs are defiantly the best car out there and one of the lightest and fastest! :) Japan made cars are the worst its all about american muscle like the mustang!!! Nissan's Suck so much especially 240sx with flat black paint job its defiantly not an ice cream paint job and meghan racing exhaust is terrible it sounds like honda civics..... Mustangs all the way true muscle the best car in the united states and the world no car can beat them!!! The volkswagen slug bug 1983 can beat any asian made car....Mustangs are the best and they r very rare also 240sx are too popular everyone and their grandmother has them....so if u want a 500hp car then buy a mustang because they r the best in the world and are the fastest stocck car in the world that can easily be built to over 1500 HP
hsha wtf ^^^ it was there when i came back to my computer[/quote]

WTF!!! am i missing somthing with that ^^^^

only a$**** and strippers drive mustangs!

any ways yea tiny is right chassis cost so much money. but would be nice to see is that old motor in a dragster chassis. i think thay would have got the numbers thay want. but still your gunna need any were from 1500-2000hp to get into the 6's.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

tom550 wrote:
boker240 wrote:

just want a discussion.
if there are 800hp DD ka's im sure they can push it that much more. but we dont even know what they were at like you said. it would be nice to actually know where they were at.

hsha wtf ^^^ it was there when i came back to my computer
mustang; fastest stock car ever built!!! hahahahahahaa. f*cker must have never run into a turboed 240sx.

btw i think their best time was a 7.2.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

their best was a 7.40 says it right on their site
boker240

Post by boker240 »

TinyT wrote:their best was a 7.40 says it right on their site
ya my bad.

i find it funny they think theyve maxed out the ka when they got these #'s out there.
they got a 7.40 @ 164 and the fast time before that was a 7.73 @182. wtf!?!? 182mph 1/4 mile the time would be low 7's high 6's.
currently n/a.

TinyT

Post by TinyT »

boker240 wrote:
TinyT wrote:their best was a 7.40 says it right on their site
ya my bad.

i find it funny they think theyve maxed out the ka when they got these #'s out there.
they got a 7.40 @ 164 and the fast time before that was a 7.73 @182. wtf!?!? 182mph 1/4 mile the time would be low 7's high 6's.
trap speed is an indication of power, e/t reflects the launch.

on there 182mph run they didnt leave that hard, on the 7.40 run they left hard and let off at the top. if they would have run it out it would have barely changed the ET

they were no where near 6's on their current setup, and it probably had a lot to do with the chassis. and 7.40's to 6.99's is a large step, not just gonna turn the boost up and get it. im curious to see where they get with the sr. mazworx has a very nicely setup 25.1e chassis, tons of power, and lots of testing. gonna be hard to contend with.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

well if they go to a sr would mean that are on the same playing field as mazworx.
if thay can build a faster car. it would show they have better tuning/parts.

may just be a way to boost sale's. just my thought
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

i thought mazworx has gone faster than 7.37. looks like they do have a shot, but does mazworx even run the car anymore?
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

yea my brother seen them out at the track a wile ago.

edit: i talked to my brother he said it was at sunday fun day. at osw he said was in mid 7's but was on and off down the track.
smracing
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by smracing »

If you look at power/weight, both cars are slow. 1200hp at 2300 lbs should go quicker than 7.40.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

smracing wrote:If you look at power/weight, both cars are slow. 1200hp at 2300 lbs should go quicker than 7.40.
not slow but ya thats what im gettin at. it was never run all out.
currently n/a.

TinyT

Post by TinyT »

boker240 wrote:
smracing wrote:If you look at power/weight, both cars are slow. 1200hp at 2300 lbs should go quicker than 7.40.
not slow but ya thats what im gettin at. it was never run all out.
dude, lifting at the top end is hardly going to have an impact on e/t
boker240

Post by boker240 »

ofcorse! but it would have run faster than the best time they produced.
currently n/a.