120mph to 0mph in 3 seconds.

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
mmmS13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

120mph to 0mph in 3 seconds.

Post by mmmS13 »

Anybody been 120 to 0 in 3 seconds? Im sure theyd tell you its not fun, and I know from experience its not, and i know this is going to be a long post so bare with me,

My friend and I were leaving this guys house and one kid yells the greatest thing ever, "Hey man ball out when you leave so my friends can see how fast your car is."

And of course my friend whos car and who was driving says "Alright,"
I figured he was going to do a 2nd gear pull blowing past this kids house like any normal person i think would do, (his house is in the middle of 2 45 degree turns, both with trees making blindspots)

so we drive down the road a 1/4ish mile away, and turn around. he revs it up to 8grand and dumps the clutch. ooo btw its a fully built 04 sti with 420whp tuned in 100 degree weather plus insane humidity.
hes ripping through the gears shifting aroun 8grand, not letting off. were in 3rd or 4th cant remember but near redline so maybe 80ish? not positive, as were inthe middle of the first sharp turn. were gripping fine and were passing the kids house,

still boosting, he goes into 5th i think? and were hitting the 2nd turn, which what i found out was sharper than the first turn. tires broke loose and we slid my side (passenger) went off the road into a ditch missing 4 trees by about 5feet, somehow he turned us back onto the road, then jerked the wheel so we slid back off the road this time the rear end into a 2nd ditch, im looking out my window and i see a road sign. which is never a good sign, but somehow we got traction and we were sling shotted across the street flew off the road down like a 10 foot slope hitting 2 trees, the first tree we hit with the passenger side front bumper then the car spun out and hit the passenger taillight on the second tree.
after all that we stopped in someones yard, i look at my friend and say "you alright man?" i look at the hood and the front ends completely on fire.

we run the **** out of the car and he banged on a persons door yellingfor a fire extingquisheer. of course they didnt have one, so i watched my friends car burn to the ground the only thing left was the front bumper that fell off before we hit the trees.

the good news is we were both okay, went to see doctors just to be sure my friend saw a chiropractor for 2 months and i was perfectly fine, just shooken up.
the bad news of it all, was about 2 months before this happened my friend just got the car tuned, so the motor only had like 3k miles on it.

and also, the only way we pieced together what happened that night was by going back to where it happened and followed the treadmarks,
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

and i just realized i put this not in the right spot. whoopsies... my mistake.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Glad you two are OK. And welcome to the site.
undesiredshoe
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by undesiredshoe »

Thats stupid, your friend could've killed someone.
ImageStock block ka24e - 12.81 @ 113mph
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

Thanks, and yeah it was pretty stupid of him to do. It kinda made me realize how quick stuff happens though when your fooling around
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Darwinism at its best. What a tool, I would have kicked his ass if I was you.

Some guy pulled this on me once, I actually had to tell him to slow the hell down. A couple days later he died in a car accident in almost the exact situation he put me in, RIP.

Young people shouldnt be allowed to drive anything with more than 100hp.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

^+1 and they shouldn't be alowed to use a damn cell phone and have cup holders.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

How old are the kids in this story? If I was in the same situation, I would've beat the ***** outta your friend.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
DRFTPUNK

Post by DRFTPUNK »

damn i could have used those injectors if they were salvageable. turbo too.
supakat wrote:I will tell you one thing, if I had to choose between stretched tires and stretched pu$$y, I would go with tires.

S14 Zenki, GT35, 80lb injectors, RS Enthalpy tune, Eagle/ Wiseco 8.8/1.
Formerly Known as ISpentAllMyMoneyOnTires

RIP 480sx
marko76

Post by marko76 »

Ya that guy was a douche! I always loved to see how fast I could hang a curve, until I realised the only way to find out for sure is to eat the trees on the other side... There is a difference between having fun and being a total dumbazz!!
Ka stands for: Kicks A$$!!
marko76

Post by marko76 »

...and the last time a guy did that to me (high school) I had to pay his hospital bills after I kicked the **** out of him...
cypher02xd
240sx Wannabe

Post by cypher02xd »

Your friend is a ***** douche bag. I hope he does that again when no one else is in the car and harms himself. There's no place for people like that who don't give a crap about anyone else's well being when they do stupid **** on the road like that. Moron.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Jordan Gladman wrote:
Exactly. Because age is the reason he chose to be a tool. It's also the reason he had $$$ to put together a 400+whp STI. It's the same reason he can afford insurance on said car too.

I'm sorry im 20 and have heard this same dumb generaliztion ever since I joined the forums. You know how many times events like the one posted have happened to me? Never.

Guess what?!?? If you drive like a tool when your 20, odds are you are still gonna be the same tool by age 30! Some people just don't have the control to do otherwise, regardless of age. I know plenty of older people that have wrecked being stupid, it's just a trait that some people are born with I guess.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
240KA
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240KA »

wow, thats intense. what you did was really stupid and proved NO point to the spectators. oh no your car is fast, who cares?
DEEPfrom1
240sx Wannabe

Post by DEEPfrom1 »

Defiantly no more ballin' out.
Do work and let work do.
keytops
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by keytops »

lol Reminds me of an old friend who was showing off his new SR by shooting a few flames. Long story short; rod through the side of the block on the top of Glendora mountain road AND that night ended up being a bust. On the plus side the cops towed his car to the impound for him.
98 s14 SE Track and weekender.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

TryingToTurbo wrote:
Jordan Gladman wrote:
Exactly. Because age is the reason he chose to be a tool. It's also the reason he had $$$ to put together a 400+whp STI. It's the same reason he can afford insurance on said car too.

I'm sorry im 20 and have heard this same dumb generaliztion ever since I joined the forums. You know how many times events like the one posted have happened to me? Never.

Guess what?!?? If you drive like a tool when your 20, odds are you are still gonna be the same tool by age 30! Some people just don't have the control to do otherwise, regardless of age. I know plenty of older people that have wrecked being stupid, it's just a trait that some people are born with I guess.

im also 20 sh*t like this never happend to me, cause i wouldn't let it.

but its sh*t like this i have lost so many friends to.

since i have left high school prolly around 20 of my friends have been lost to d*ck head driving such as this. and no not all of them have been in a car bikes also. but still makes no diff. sorry if im coming off like a d**k but what did this kid want to get out of this post.

ppl to feel sorry for him or just say hey i lived.

one person should have enough commonsense to tell when ppl have something they can not control. yea you can lose control of a 100 hp car. but still so much power should have a following of respect for it. and that kid didn't have respect for him self.

kinda reminds me of that hogen d*ck. jail suck lol ummmm yea, but say that was me behind the wheel. i know damn well i would have never seen the rest of the world for life.

im glad you lived, but dude i hoped you learned something from this.
if another one of your friends tried somthing like again tell then naww man. if they do it eny ways that aint your friend.
oskars13kat
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by oskars13kat »

you have a stupid friend that should drive a slow ass geo metro!!!
keytops

Post by keytops »

Your friend should be more like this guy Image
Last edited by keytops on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98 s14 SE Track and weekender.
marko76

Post by marko76 »

^^^^ LMAO!!! When was that taken? 1972?? That's awesome!!!
marko76

Post by marko76 »

...And by the way... when I was 19 years old I had a 1967 Mustang, with a 390 roller motor that I built... I paid for EVERYTHING myself, Mommy and Daddy never helped with my finances, I never had it dyno'ed, but it had to be pushing 500 hp easy, if not more! I had that car till my oldest son was on the way, then I sold it for something a little more child friendly... I ran the piss out of that car, but I was responsible with it, all the time I had it I never came even a little bit close to hurting someone or their property... now I'm 34, and yes I still miss that old dinosaur, and to date I have had 3 accidents in my life! (one was my fault, one of my kids dropped their bottle...) I said all of that to say this... Not all Teenagers are reckless douche bags, the ones that are responsible should be left alone, and the douche bags, AKA the guy in question, should get the sh*t kicked out of them at least twice a day until they wise up!!...
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Im not saying everyone under a certain age should be limited to a low hp car, im just saying for the majority, they should be limited.

I built my first 300+ hp KA-T when I was 18 and I was fine, but if I had it 2 years earlier, I probably would have killed myself.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
billedoc
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by billedoc »

Yeah don't limit HP, there are a lot of young people with talent...

http://www.loweredclass.com/2010/11/16/ ... -the-year/
carcrzy920
240sx Wannabe

Post by carcrzy920 »

age isnt always the problem, most of the time its just some douche bag trying to show off. I had my first s13 at 15.....rb20 in it at age 16.......ka back in at 17........and rocking a ka-t now at age 19. yes i have gotten on it on the streets but only when i feel im not endagering anyone else, and i only do it for short amount of time like turn on to a back road get on it rap through 2nd nd part of 3rd then hit 5th and cruise. and i make damn sure i dont do anything dumb when i have other people in my car. my gf all the time tells me to speed and **** and im like "no im not going to endanger you with my stupidity"

just dont always blame it on age, there are a few of us young kids out here that respect our lifes and cars.

oh and i do agree that the guy in the post driving was indeed a dumb@#$ for doing that because what if he didnt stop in that persons yard and went into there house. people could have been killed.....
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

When this happened we were both 18 and he turned 19 like a month after it. I'm still 18, and I would have tried to beat him up for doing it but he's got 2 blonde sisters... lol. But I'm only like 5' 9" maybe and he's like 6' 7" or something. The only reason he build the sti was he put a turboback exhaust on it without tuning it and it overboosted, so he went all out with it. He payed for everything himself but he wasn't responsible about his car. He'd check his oil and stuff quite frequently but never his tire pressure. Ever, I checked it just to be safe. And now he bought a prelude since that's all insurance would let him get. And now he's building it for 500whp.

So I just give mysself a facepalm every now and then.
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

Oh, and I forgot to mention someone took a video of it burning. If you guys want to see the video I can find the link on facebook
s-14

Post by s-14 »

It's ok It was gods way of saying "Drive a Geo" to your buddy.
Burning his subaru to the ground was a necessity to save the lives of people.
I know of a few idiots like that and its really annoying.

When I was 18-23 I was never like that, and i never will be. When I did let my car rip It was always somewhere I knew and there were never people around or houses. I hope you pass the word and tell every idiot you know to save it for a safe area instead.

AND YES POST A VID!
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/vide ... 2507462479

If that doesnt work ill fix it after class
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

pic of the car the day after[/img]