noob Air Intake question

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
driftMachine
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

noob Air Intake question

Post by driftMachine »

I never did the usual first mod of a cold air intake because I didn't see the sense of spending that kind of money for a couple of hp. However, now that I'm planning on a KA-T, I will need an intake so I'm going to need some help. I don't know the first thing about them, like what it takes to fit one to the MAF. Am I right in saying that any cone filter should work with an adapter?

I'm sort of on a budget so I didn't want to spend a lot, but I would like something that is not restrictive and is washable. I noticed on Ebay that you can get a complete intake system with a K&N filter (examples http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=42604 , http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW) for a decent price. Are these real K&N??? The prices seem really low for a K&N. If so, I guess I could get one of these, scrap the tube and just attach to the MAF.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

if you are going to turbo you arent gonna need an intake kit,( the turbo has the intake coming from the exhaust side). buy a cone filter for like $20, and an MAF adapter for like $10-15. put all that in replacing that big intake box.

GRady
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

That price (40us) is most definately a real K&N, the cone filter im running right now cost me $6 on ebay.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
driftMachine
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by driftMachine »

Are you serious! I priced them here in Canada and they are usually over $200 for a K&N cone with adapter (retail). That's not too bad then.

grady, I know I won't need the kit when I go turbo, but I was just thinking I could put it on in the meantime. It's going to take me a long while to get all of the parts.

Thanks.
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

totally understand that, ive had this little air filter on for months and still havent sold my truck to get the turbo yet. It may sound dumb but you can feel the difference in pickup with the filter and it adds so much sound to the engine. I just woundn't want to go spending alot of money when it could be useful down the line. MO

GRady
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper