Coilover idea

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Jus14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Coilover idea

Post by Jus14 »

Well once again i pulled my wheels off the rear check all adjustments and actually sit my coilovers down some got some lower pro tires in the rear...and they are stuck tight as a drum and i barely drive my car so they couldnt got very dirty or anything,but i guess i was wrong so heres my plan and wondering if anyone has done this with success...going to pull them off clean thoroughly weld a nut to the bottom to make it very easy to change height with air tools instead of fighting with the wrenches,put anti seize all on the threads and im wanting take some rubber boots maybe like you see on lifted trucks steering shock put a zipper on the boot and two clamps at each end therefore my threads will be sealed and covered when i do drive it seems like a good idea to me.....Like ,hate it, what do you guys think?
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

Its difficult to understand exactly what you are saying, but I think I get the Idea. Basically an adjustment nut that will allow you to 'thread the height you want'.

Thats all great until road vibration adjusts it for you. Besides, all the work with these 'clamps' will probably not be near as safe as adjusting the coilover as normal.

...i'm guessing you lost/dont have coilover wrenches?
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

no i didnt lose them just after a while the threads get dirty and even a pipe wrench you cant do anything with it basically making a rubber boot keep threads seales off from dirt and weather and the nut would be tig welded on bottom theres really no possible way to adjust themselves by doing this...
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Just wrap the threads in black duct tape. For how often you actually adjust them, you can just peal the tape off and put new tape.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

may try that but first i got to get them broke loose again....
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

Jus14 wrote:may try that but first i got to get them broke loose again....

just go use the Persuader. :lol:
sloka-t
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by sloka-t »

pile on a bunch of anti seize.
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University