Thinking of getting out of the game for a while....

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Thinking of getting out of the game for a while....

Post by eazye2000 »

So with my life not going in the direction I wanted, I'm thinking about getting rid of everything and trying again later down the road.
My divorce, injury, and now not being able to find work has taken it's toll on me. I really hate to give up, but I don't have the funds or dedication to work on this project anymore.

I guess maybe this is a feeler to see if there is anyone out there who might want some parts off my car..? I just really want to get rid of the drivetrain parts of things and maybe keep the car for a later date.. Or maybe just get rid of it all and start from scratch.

I don't think there is much of anything that would stop me. I just can't do it anymore with everything going on right now. It's been building for the last 2-3 years and it's finally broke me down.

Maybe some kind words and some hope might sway me. But at this point I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on since I've not been very active lately.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

because you are one of the most dedicated people to work on one of these cars and you have done one hell of a job?
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
revolutionz_s13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by revolutionz_s13 »

I feel ya man. Between no money cause Im in school, and being gone for Army stuff, my build is going on 4 years now and I still have a bunch of work to do. The best way I have found to cope with it is just leave it sit for awhile to take a break from the stress of it. Then one day, maybe a month or 2 down the road, just go out and do something small to it. You might find it will spark a bit of motivation. I just leave mine under a car cover and every now and then when I have some time and money go do something to it, and just keep telling myself when I graduate in May I'll be able to get a big boy job and finally finish it how I want it. Keep at it man, dont give up now. Just take a lil break. :wink:
92 240sx SE KA-T project
95 240sx SR20DET Daily
92 integra - winter beater
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. I've had some pretty low times in my life where it just seemed like nothing would go right. I've learned that you just have to keep on moving forward, and stuff will eventually work out. It just takes a while sometimes.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I hope you'll at least stay active on the forums if you do have to part out your car.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
96silvia

Post by 96silvia »

I hear ya. I bought my 240 about 5 years ago. I finally got the block built last February its still na. its frustrating but due to money and my health I can't do anything about it.
I just try and work on it when I am felling good. if you can keep from selling it just work on it a bit at a time. But I do understand the mental wear. I have thought about selling mine too. but the only thing that keeps me from doing it is I wanna see her finished. :D Hang in there and good luck whatever your decision.
CP pistons
Pauter x-beam rods
ARP 11mm head studs
ARP 10mm main studs
tein super drift coilovers
edfc,Blitz nur spec-r muffler
z32 5speed tranny swap
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

Life comes first bro. I sold my car a couple of weeks ago(13 year owner), and man does it hurt. Best of luck to you getting everything sorted out.
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Do what you need to do but things will get better. Without knowing your intimate reasons for wanting to part the car, I won't attempt to offer advice but since most of us are feeling the economic pinch, parts may not bring in what they were worth in times past. Hang in there.
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Really bro? Really? Unless ur in jail and need bail money don't do it. Ur better off letting it sit for 5years then loosing money in the sale and having to re buy everything at a higher cost. Either way I owe u a lot, all the way back to 07 when I was just getting started and u tolerated my questions.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
NeverSatisfied

Post by NeverSatisfied »

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time man. If you're really into 240s, and think you'd get another one, don't give up on the one you got. You'll just regret it later. As said above, just take a break from it for awhile. IF you think you'd get a different car down the road, maybe a new build would be a good fresh start for you. Best of luck to you either way.
If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.
ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH
240sx Wannabe

Post by ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH »

That 240 is one of a kind. I f you do sell it make sure it goes into the right hands.
Skilz10179
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Skilz10179 »

I know nothing about you or your car but from reading the replies previous to mine it sounds like you've put a lot of your heart into it... It would be a shame to let it go.

Best of luck man!
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

It'd be a shame to see you go. But if you need money, the 240 is a way to recoup some of that. Later down the road you can always build another, and it'll be even better than your first one because you will know so much more. Either path will be rewarding in my opinion, so best of luck with whichever you choose.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
cypher02xd
240sx Wannabe

Post by cypher02xd »

Eric,

I understand where you're coming from. The car is a hobby, its just that. If you need to sell it, or part it out or do whatever you have to do to take care of life's responsiblities and your daughter then you should do that. It absolutely sucks to just give up on a project that you've put so much into but there will be other 240s around and you can always redo it so much better down the road. You've been a good member here and from what I can tell, you're a great guy to boot. I'm sure whatever you have to sell will go fast here so that us as members can help if that's the route you decide to go. Whatever happens, just stay around the forums a bit and stop in when you can.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

I am going to be that guy who is the dick.

Don't pussy out of the game. Trials and tribulations come with the game. We all have had our fair share of issues from the beginning to end. It only makes us stronger. I have built my car from side jobs and selling stuff so anything is possible. If you take 10 years to build the car, who cares cause in the end, it will be done. Take my words, if you sell the car or part, you will never get into another project and be that 50 year old guy with a middle age crisis who wants to get back in the game. I told my older brother not to take a semester off school, he did. Needless to say, its been 2 years since he's been back to school. Same concept.

/end rant few drinks in the system
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH
240sx Wannabe

Post by ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH »

Supa don't play when it comes to 240's.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Just trying to get things in order still.
I have a lawsuit going on from an injury I sustained 2 years ago, and the injury also sort of keeps me from working on the car when I want. I also haven't worked since then, so money has always been an issue.
There is just a ton of stuff going on, and I'm putting the car off until the very end if I can help it. It's either going to sit and I'll get to it eventually. Or I'm going to end up 'needing' to get rid of it for some financial recouping.

It's just a struggle, and this car is a passion of mine. I've had it for quite a long time, and put quite a few dollars in it. I have to vent sometimes and try to feel like I'm still part of the community, even though I'm not really doing squat. But my family comes first, what little bit is left of it. Just trying to weight it all out still.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I built up my KAT s14 and sold it in under a year. That was my second one.

If there is anything I can say, its that KAT 240sx is like women --- they're all different, and fun to play with, and even if you really like this one, another one will find a different way to wow you.

Both were unique experiences in their own right, and the differences in the s13/s14 became apparent to me as I worked on things. Very enlightening and informative.

If you do have to sell, like I did, for financial reasons, it shouldn't hurt you too bad to know that when things are on the up-n-up again, you can start it again from scratch and do it cleaner, easier, faster now than in the past.

Sorry to hear you might need to sell it; I just went through this myself. Fortunately I was able to sell the car as a whole this time (the S13 got parted out). I took a massive loss, but in the end the car was passed to familiar hands, in one piece, and the new owner loves it and reports his joy and street kills to me regularly.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
N4kedsquirrel
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by N4kedsquirrel »

I dont know you but I can see you have a huge amount of support here. If it were me I would reiterate what you already know to be true, family first. The car is a hobby and should never be a burden, but something you can tinker with to have fun and blow off steam. You will almost never get your investment back, it is a toy. I have been building my car for over a year now and it has not been running for that amount of time. I cannot afford another one but I get by on my motorcycle. (Rarely gets cold in FL). The point is, project cars are never "done", and whoever tells you otherwise does not have enought experience building. We do it because we love it. Hard times call for us to make hard choices and accept sacrifice. Between work and deployments I know I may never even see my car running again, but I have faith that I will get it going and it always gives me some time to turn my thoughts from more serious matters when I need it. I wish you strength in your hardship and wisdom to do what needs to be done.

A very wise man once told me, "If money is an issue, grow your income to achieve your dreams, never shink your dreams to match your income. Unwavering belief in dreams most would call ludacris is what separates the successful from the skeptical."
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

Other than badly needing the money I would not get rid of the car. You will never recover much of your costs if you sell it. If you can let it wait then that is for the best.

Since I went back to school I have driven my car maybe twice but it still put a smile on my face both times. It was worth it to keep it in hibernation.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

So I'm kicking this idea around again. I'll probably start taking the car apart after my daughter leaves after the holiday.
I'm having a hard time with driving a manual now. The clutch tends to irritate a groin injury that I sustained 2 years ago. Especially with an upgraded clutch. It's not fun to drive.
Not sure if I have a build/parts list made up. I think I will go through and try to list everything I have and try to get some interest before total dis assembly. With my physical condition, I need to make sure it's going somewhere before I pull it.

I will start another project in another few years. I've been through these cars a few times and have some new ideas, but it needs a clean slate to start with. I'd rather see someone with the ambition to work on the car, or use the parts and make the best out of their projects.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Sucks man. I was unable to drive my car a while back due to back pain, so I can kinda understand where you're coming from.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread