vacuum questions

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
nickuab
Learners Permit

vacuum questions

Post by nickuab »

There be another thread so please re direct me, but i did search first and didnt find anyhting concrete. I have a t25 with the hks waste gate and stock bov and i was wondering where is should run there vacuum ports to. i also have a posssible nipple on the smic piping
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Anything off of the manifold behind the throttle body. I teed off of my fuel pressure regulator line. One thing you could also do is use a vacuum block on the brake booster hose.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

airman wrote:Anything off of the manifold behind the throttle body. I teed off of my fuel pressure regulator line. One thing you could also do is use a vacuum block on the brake booster hose.
This is a good place to start.

Another note is that you can not use the nipple on your SMIC. It is positive pressure, and you need a vacuum source for the BOV.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

Vacuum block off brake booster for all my vacuum needs (please ignore clear hose)
Left my FPR line untouched as it's one of the last things I'd want to blow a T on...
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

^lol, we can ignore the clear hose, but the heat from the turbo wont! :lol:
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

Walperstyle wrote:^lol, we can ignore the clear hose, but the heat from the turbo wont! :lol:
lol one day I was driving along and suddenly the car started to buck. I limp it home and pop hood to find black smoke everywhere. I peer behind my turbo and I see what looks like oil all over the exhaust housing where the elbow meets. I thought I had blown the turbo. Then it cooled down, and the "oil" hardened, and I realized that it was the clear line, had melted all over the elbow and caused massive vac leak. Since then it has been replaced and the lines are now inside some shielding to prevent same issue =) so never use the provided hose with boost gauges, even for testing purposes!
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
nickuab
Learners Permit

Post by nickuab »

so just so im clear, a vacuum block should go in the brake booster line and that shoul have both the bov and wastegate, but how do i control the pressure
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

nickuab wrote:so just so im clear, a vacuum block should go in the brake booster line and that shoul have both the bov and wastegate, but how do i control the pressure
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean how to set/ change psi max of wastegate you can do so with a boost controller (and w/ aftermarket external WG with different springs, to some extent)
nickuab
Learners Permit

Post by nickuab »

i did more research and i think i get it now, i just didnt realize that pressure in the break hose changes. Im putting the bov in the break vacuum and the wastegate on the hotpipe