Walbro 400 e85 version

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
all shal perrish
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Walbro 400 e85 version

Post by all shal perrish »

Well boys, I got rid of the Walbro feeding an a1000 today in favor of a single walbro 400, the e85 compatible version though..
Some first impressions are that it is VERY VERRY QUIET.. So quiet I'm fact I can't hear it at all when the car is running. I'm used to the super loud a1000 so it is kind of weird to get used to a quiet fuel pump..
The next impression is that it flows a lot of fuel! I have -8an feed and return lines and it is in fazed preasurizing them and the id2000's to 43.5 psi @ idle Without any pulsing and or fluctuations in fuel pressure.

The next thing I noticed is that it had NO problem keeping up at 25 psi, my wideband is dead on now and with the old setup it would fluctuate under load by up to a whole afr point(lean)..

So, overall impression, if you need a lot of fuel a walbro 400 is for you. I paid 240$ bucks for.
Mine with the install kit and I could not be Any happier..

Just make sure if you get a walbro 400 and have any intention of running e85 that you get the e85 comparable version or it will likely die on you with continued use in e85
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
Super Coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Super Coupe »

all shal perrish

Sure is

if you have some, pm me
s-14

Post by s-14 »

Do you daily drive your car perish?
blackbird002
NooB

Post by blackbird002 »

Nice! So you only have 1 pump now instead of 2?

Also, what injectors do you have and where do you get them? I'm in the process of doing my fuel system right now and I want it to be e85, if you have a parts list of everything needed, I already got a fuel rail from beercan so all I need is the rest of the components.. are you running an AEM?

Thanks
all shal perrish

I daily my car in the summer, and I have id2000's and -8 an feed and return lines and a Mallory fuel pressure regulator

if you have some, pm me
blackbird002
NooB

Post by blackbird002 »

all shal perrish wrote:I daily my car in the summer, and I have id2000's and -8 an feed and return lines and a Mallory fuel pressure regulator
So just this 1 fuel pump then?
sdaigle240

Re: Walbro 400 e85 version

Post by sdaigle240 »

all shal perrish wrote:I got rid of the Walbro feeding an a1000 today in favor of a single walbro 400,
correct
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
blackbird002
NooB

Re: Walbro 400 e85 version

Post by blackbird002 »

sdaigle240 wrote:
all shal perrish wrote:I got rid of the Walbro feeding an a1000 today in favor of a single walbro 400,
correct
Awesome thanks! One more question did you make a new braket or did the stock one fit ok?
all shal perrish

The stock hanger works fine, I just usd two hoae clamps to attach it to the hanger since ,one has been modified when I had a dual walbro setup

if you have some, pm me
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

i just installed this pump and wow its really quiet i can barely hear it when the car is not running,cant hear it at all when the car is. i think i may get my sanity back from all the whining
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

I wonder if 2 of them can be squeezed in there? Think its possible?
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

It would be a pain in the a** if they do fit. I personally wouldnt try to do it.I had a tough time fitting 2 255's with out bending the fuel float to bad so the gauge would still work.the base of the 400 pump is definatly bigger......but im sure anything could be made to fit I guess it depends how much fabrication you want to do to the hanger.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

I may order one to get an idea what it would take to squeeze 2 in there. I have no problem with modding the hanger or even making a new one from scratch.

My car currently sits without a pump, perfect time to shop around. There are so many great options available now compared to some years ago
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

It should be 700whp rated on E85 right? single pump
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262