suggestion for FOR SALE section

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
RebornS14
Dreams of owning a 240!

suggestion for FOR SALE section

Post by RebornS14 »

i understand that you dont want new members posting in the forsale section of this forum but i really feel like replies should be lifted because i dont see how a new member buying something from this forum should be restricted. i feel like it hurts both seller and this forum because, really its just a lose lose situation. isn't there a way to restrict posting in the forsale threads for new members able to reply to forsale threads for purchase reasons?
DjayS12
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by DjayS12 »

When I didn't had the number of post needed, I was just PM'ing the member selling the parts I wanted. It worked well!
signals13

Post by signals13 »

I think it's fine the way it is, I did the same thing just pm the seller.
RebornS14
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by RebornS14 »

i guess its just me then *shrugs*

was worth a try
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Probably something to take into account. I dont think it would be a bad idea...
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Moved to KA-T Chat for visibility.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
kacam24det

Post by kacam24det »

Just PM whom ever you are trying to purchase from....I think the reasoning behind it is to keep random people from doing whatever they want on the site for every 1 honest person theres 10 people ready to screw you over. So once you have established a good rep with the site you can do as you please. I like the setup, it gives members a piece of mind that they are dealing with someone that is trusted on the site. For instance someone sells you some flat cams that when you get them the member never returns to the site and gets what they wanted and you are screwed....Just my opinion.
Cam
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Reborn has a good point. No sense on not being able to post there. Starting a thread is a different story though.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

thought it was complicated to restrict to just replies vs new posts which was why it has always been you just pm the person in the fs section.

have to keep in mind, it will open the spammers to all the fs threads (like the bots)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

beercandrifter wrote:thought it was complicated to restrict to just replies vs new posts which was why it has always been you just pm the person in the fs section.

have to keep in mind, it will open the spammers to all the fs threads (like the bots)
This is likely true for the current version of phpBB. However Rick has informed me that the groundwork is being laid for an upgrade to take place and this should allow for more customizable options for our new members to at least reply to threads in the For Sale section.

As far as spammers go I think this would be further covered by a new phpBB. I'm not positive but I believe there is a capability to block a range of known spam-IP ranges/countries to prevent them from visiting the forum in the first place.

Let's give Rick some encouragement. Hoorah!

Edit:

Judging by the verbiage at the bottom right of each subforum, it should be easy in its current state to do this:

I.e. for users with less than 100 posts:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
RebornS14
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by RebornS14 »

wow i got something going. feels like i've acheived something. awesome. :P
signals13

Post by signals13 »

yay i can do all those things except for the last one :-(
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Why not make it a time since join date? A 7 day "cool down" period from the day you join to prevent people from becoming members solely to sell things.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

airman wrote:
beercandrifter wrote:thought it was complicated to restrict to just replies vs new posts which was why it has always been you just pm the person in the fs section.

This is likely true for the current version of phpBB. However Rick has informed me that the groundwork is being laid for an upgrade to take place and this should allow for more customizable options for our new members to at least reply to threads in the For Sale section.

As far as spammers go I think this would be further covered by a new phpBB. I'm not positive but I believe there is a capability to block a range of known spam-IP ranges/countries to prevent them from visiting the forum in the first place.

Let's give Rick some encouragement. Hoorah!

Edit:

Judging by the verbiage at the bottom right of each subforum, it should be easy in its current state to do this:

I.e. for users with less than 100 posts: