WA need help with KA-T install

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
djdryon
Learners Permit

WA need help with KA-T install

Post by djdryon »

Is there anyone who can help me with installing my turbo system on my 91 240? I can offer free beer, food and maybe cash if needed. I want to get this up and running for this weekend's dyno event. I'm meeting Martin from Enthalpy on Thursday to pick up my ecu, so I'm hoping to have everything. assembled before then. Just finished cleaning the motor and I'm installing my new mounts and getting the oil pan drilled today or tomorrow. What's left is getting the vacuum houses dealt with and the intake back on. I'm a bit lost at the vacuum hose stage. I've read and read, but I'm more puff a hands-on learner. I'm located in south Seattle near Boeing.

206-898-9182
Byron
New to the world of boost, but been building and fixing cars since 2000.

Current setup (Work In Progress):
Turbonetics T3/4 50
Custom tubular bottom-mount manifold
Tial wastegate with 12psi spring
Z32 MAF
550cc Deatschworks injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project:
S14 DE block. .020 overbore and Arias pistons
S14 DE head. Ported and 3-axis valve grind

Looking for: ECU and new mounts
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

Northwestnissans.com is a local Nissan Forum.
djdryon
Learners Permit

Post by djdryon »

Walperstyle wrote:Northwestnissans.com is a local Nissan Forum.
Yes, I posted there as well, but nobody has responded yet. It's ok though, because I'm a big boy and can do it myself if need be.

Turbonetics T3/4 50
Z32 MAF
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project:

Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

www.240sxtechdvs.org has a lot of videos on how to do things on the KA engine, not to mention all the inforamation you need is here.

Tune is very important though, so make sure you have a plan.

side note: A lot of the Car guys on NWN got banned a while ago. Its more of an internet club these days, but I hope you find some help. I know I need some, haha.
nfire247
Learners Permit

Post by nfire247 »

Hope you can find some local help man, its alwasy fun jumping into a project, but it's always a wholleeee lot better with a buddy! Good luck either way
ashy-larry
240sx Wannabe

Post by ashy-larry »

Wait, you are meeting with martin so he can deliver you an ecu or he is coming up to seattle for what seems to be a tuning expo or somthing and you are trying to have him tune your car there? Either way Martin is hands down one of the best Nissan tuners out there so you'll be fine w/tune.

If you are worried about vc lines b/c of the clusterf**k of lines on the back of the mani and the ones out the front of the mani, don't overthink it, I'm sure you're fine on wg and psi gauge.
djdryon
Learners Permit

Post by djdryon »

ashy-larry wrote:Wait, you are meeting with martin so he can deliver you an ecu or he is coming up to seattle for what seems to be a tuning expo or somthing and you are trying to have him tune your car there? Either way Martin is hands down one of the best Nissan tuners out there so you'll be fine w/tune.

If you are worried about vc lines b/c of the clusterf**k of lines on the back of the mani and the ones out the front of the mani, don't overthink it, I'm sure you're fine on wg and psi gauge.
A bit of both actually. He's coming up for the tuning event, and I'm meeting him at the airport today to pick up my ecu. My car won't be ready for this weekend unfortunately, unless a miracle happens and I can get a group together to help me with my build today.

What I ended up doing is removing all the vacuum lines except the absolutely necessary ones. The post-boost lines I'll run to my bov, gauge, and fpr, and the pre-boost ones like gas tank and engine I'll run to a port on my intake tubing. I need to figure out the catch can for the engine though.

Turbonetics T3/4 50
Z32 MAF
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project:

djdryon
Learners Permit

Post by djdryon »

Ok, so thecar sstarts, but barely idles and runs rough, but drives ok. I'm hesitant to rip on it before i get it smoothed out. Tomorrow I'll drive it to the shop to have the downpipe wielded up, and after that it's just tuning to make it run smooth. I'd feel better off someone could come by and take a look to make sure everything is run and routed properly.

Turbonetics T3/4 50
Z32 MAF
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project:

boker240

Post by boker240 »

u shouldnt have but 2 vac sources to use.even w ur turboed.plug all other ones and get rid of all emmissons sh*t as all those vac lines accociated are old and cracked and will be less lines to leak.also zip tie all vac lins as well.cuz when ur in boost those vac lines are boosted as well.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
djdryon
Learners Permit

Post by djdryon »

boker240 wrote:u shouldnt have but 2 vac sources to use.even w ur turboed.plug all other ones and get rid of all emmissons sh*t as all those vac lines accociated are old and cracked and will be less lines to leak.also zip tie all vac lins as well.cuz when ur in boost those vac lines are boosted as well.
Yeah, the two lines I have run to my bov, boost gauge, and fpr. Found out my pvc tree was leaking, so I capped it with a bolt and a zip tie. It's running smoothly now. Next step is fabbing a temporary downpipe to keep my turbo from burning a hole in my firewall. Allan (wannabethestig) has been very helpful. Definitely an awesome guy.

Turbonetics T3/4 50
Z32 MAF
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project:

djdryon
Learners Permit

Post by djdryon »

Ok, I'm at my wits end. I'm getting no positive numbers on my boost gauge, and the car is feeling not much better than stock. I tried to do a leak test, but my tester is not doing its job properly. I need this car running by next Monday, because my girlfriend will be in town, and I don't want to be stuck at home the whole time, or bumming rides off my friends.

Turbonetics T3/4 50
Z32 MAF
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy Type-RS BOV
JRC fmic

Project: