So does anyone want to set up a new KA-T forum?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

even though I had to ditch the KA in my S14 to gain the power level along with the reliability I needed for my use ....I come around this forum every other day and post if I have anything relevant.

The major downfall for me is the lack of attachment support. I used to be an RE for an SCCA chapter and we had to do major rebuilds of our website and discussion boards twice during my 6 year tenure as RE. Its damn expensive and if you are not careful...you lose all your archives but thats a nightmare story for another day.

The best thing we ever did for user traffic was to switch from BBcode to Vbulletin. People come to this forum because they know its an exclusive KA site. Thats what originally brought me here.

I think the basic concept of being KA specific should be preserved (even though Im not anymore), There are a half dozen general watered down sites you can get 240 info from but KA specific ...kat is the place to be. Im an older fellow that really isnt that into FB. I have a page to park vids and pics and stuff but as far as spending much time on it ...I just dont. Id much prefer a forum setting to spend my time on ...call me set in my ways or whatever , its just easier for me and i dont get all the crap that I dont want , just what I do want .
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
KA-T S12
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by KA-T S12 »

^ couldn't agree more with everything, including the FB stuff haha. Way too much time wasted on there by way too many people :P
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

I dont have the slightest idea how to start a new forum... nor would i know how to clean up an old one. I'm not that tech savvy, I've always been the hands on handyman, tool guy, furniture craftsman, and mechanic. However, it doesnt take much thought to know that both a cleaned up web site and/or a new site are going to be inefficient. Both would take a lot of time, money, jumping through hoops and a new site might be the endall to this one... As it is our admin are not keeping up, imagine if the traffic here reduces further. Then the stickied links from the "new site" to this one are gone because the site caved in apon itself. The admin further care less and begin to cut there losses and focus on their families. I'm not ranting here but I think this forum needs more support... support from us, the people who are here everyday. I may not post a lot but I'm on here at least 3 times a day. I get that the people who started this are at a different stage in their lives. Families and houses take more time than I ever couldve imagined, and a **** load of money too. So I understand why things are going the way they are. But... I would like to know what I can do to help? What can others do to help? And admin... which direction would you ultimately like to see this forum go? I'm certain you have the support of more members than you realize.
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
iamtheyi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by iamtheyi »

I would just like to see the website re-done. The design is archaic and difficult to navigate.It hurts to look at hahaha.
redpotatoes
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by redpotatoes »

I agree that something needs to be done to the current site or that the knowledge base here needs to be transfer somewhere else.
KA24DET GT2871R .86 Setup:
viewtopic.php?t=44222
picsbypenny
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by picsbypenny »

im fairly new compared to a lot of the people that posted in there. From my prospective if you want t dick around with other schassis people go to zilvia. Need general info go to nico. want to talk about the beast we love called KAT, come here :)
95 Silvia - KA24DET | 95 240sx - 2JZ

Build > viewtopic.php?t=57996
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

I love this site but something has to be done when bots come in and post on everyones thread and the moderators cant get the spammers IP lists banned since the owners are never around :?
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.

All of the suggestions are valid. The best option is staying here, preferably with new staff on the Admin side. It's obvious that with our current administrators, the site is dead in the water. Every time I get an answer from them, the answer is always "it's coming".

FYI, it doesn't look like Ryan wants any attention. I just confirmed that he blocked my number after I texted to ask him to get in touch with me.

Can someone please explain to me why he needs to act that way?
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

Damn. It's good to see the outpouring of passion from everyone. I am still planning by the end of June to cut the forums onto the new software.

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

niiiice.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Rick, thank you for your response!
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
car6on14
240sx Wannabe

Post by car6on14 »

If there will not be any info lost, I dont mind a change, but I dont mind how it currently is, like as posted above, if you search and learn its quirks you can find a gold mine of info. I come here bc I have a KA and want to learn about it and what others are doing specifically. I'm not a fan of most other 240 sites with wheel whore threads and other BS, I dont care you found a set of truck 19's on Clist for $500 and fit them on your 240... I dont see how facebook could replace the sight, its just not even close. I think the decline is just that our cars are older and others are getting more popular so fewer may be getting into KA's?
92 Coupe - forged internals - stage 2 cams / ss valves
Aem Series 1 - Billet 50 Trim - ram style manifold- Aero 340
Hydro Ebrake - JSK coilovers - ISIS Rucas - Hicas rack - Ksport BBK
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

I also come for all the KA awesomeness. I dont post a whole lot, but am on here reading every day. With an update can we please get some sort of color? There is just so much white!!
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

All the white is from Ryan. He is the designer-y one of the two of us so I don't question that side of things.

Also - info will not be lost.

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Please read this.

i thank you guys for your hard work and the foundation youve layed for us all. we are a team here fighting to keep this community progressing. you guys came in hot, real hot. i wasnt even around then, but your only as strong as you finish, and at this point it certainly isnt a good look for the team. morale is/was down, hope, even some thought it was a lost cause. i applaud your upcoming efforts but where are you guys on the regular? the coach shows up to every game, not just the ones hes free for. in many professional careers a time comes where you must pass the torch for the sake of the team and the reputation thats been built. those who dont, end up being remembered only as strong as they finnished, not their peak. you have individuals begging you to let them help this community progress and break the stagnant air, but i just see a wall of pride and you guys not letting go. Its not easy for a coach to pull of his cap and say "its been good, but its my time boys".
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

i'd be willing to help out with the site. i have experience in running local car sites in my city with little to no problems at all. I do admit that a majority of forums have dwindled due to Facebook's popularity. I enjoy this site alot. There isn't alot of the same garbage topics like zilivia has. My biggest issue with this site is the lack of management and restrictiveness to new members. That type of restrictiveness hinders new members from being active on sites.
ViperGT

Post by ViperGT »

id truley love to keep this site and get new owners and or members that could have most of the privalges that the owners have. I really want to see NEW KA-T rides and such but no one has the power to do that but the owners. I think that a new site would loose so much. I also think that many problem/troubleshooting threads should be stickied therefore making the search that the noobs do unescessary. I made a chat post about this awhile ago on chat, and the hardbody 240 man (name starts with an S) chimed in and a few others. I really think the site just needs active and dedicated owners. im all in for a good change and i think a group of people meeting to disscus these things in person would really do this forum well.
in a datsun 510:
arias 8.8 .020
eagle rods
clevite bearings
ferrea/exhaust supertech/intake stk
supertech springs and retainers
bc valve guides v2 cams currently crower 288/288 (no good)
port and polish
arp head, main, rod bolts
osk timing
current: custom log mani, TIAL mvr,
later: ati SD garret gtx3071 currently in my possession looking for gtx3576
custom downpipe
lol:
sdaigle240 wrote:beat that thing like it owes you money.
blacksails1984
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by blacksails1984 »

I agree ownership needs some trustees to run the site. The spam and disarray is getting old. If they paid attention youd think theyd chime in now. This sites great it needs to stay.
KA in the Fray
blacksails1984

Post by blacksails1984 »

Retract statement about chiming in^.shouldve looked first.
KA in the Fray
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

sdaigle240 wrote:Please read this.

i thank you guys for your hard work and the foundation youve layed for us all. we are a team here fighting to keep this community progressing. you guys came in hot, real hot. i wasnt even around then, but your only as strong as you finish, and at this point it certainly isnt a good look for the team. morale is/was down, hope, even some thought it was a lost cause. i applaud your upcoming efforts but where are you guys on the regular? the coach shows up to every game, not just the ones hes free for. in many professional careers a time comes where you must pass the torch for the sake of the team and the reputation thats been built. those who dont, end up being remembered only as strong as they finnished, not their peak. you have individuals begging you to let them help this community progress and break the stagnant air, but i just see a wall of pride and you guys not letting go. Its not easy for a coach to pull of his cap and say "its been good, but its my time boys".
Very well put, daigle. Its an honor to have my head on the chopping block next to yours.

Everyone else - thank you for voicing your opinions and sharing your loyalty. Here's to hoping the owners listen to their community. *raises glass*

P.S. but yeah seriously how long has it been since the rides page was updated? I mean, damn.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

blacksails1984 wrote:I agree ownership needs some trustees to run the site. The spam and disarray is getting old. If they paid attention youd think theyd chime in now. This sites great it needs to stay.

Well said man. You are correct. Bear with me as we try and get things put together.

Unfortunately after I sold my S14 I sort of got out of the scene but it has always been my intention to keep this site going. There's always a natural progression of ownership of sites like this and that will probably happen.

Even though I am out of the scene I still want to keep the site going.

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
drunknmunky

Post by drunknmunky »

save yourself the Aweful trouble of running the site while having separate interests by getting another S14.....DUH.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Let the record show that I no longer have a 240 but I'm still here every day :roll:
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Port over my postcount! haha. My postcount is one of the qualifiers I use to demonstrate how long in the tooth I am with KA24DET and how committed to this community I am (having owned a KA for a minority of the time I am on and contributing).

Whatever happens, happens. I'd mostly like to see teh same site, but on a new site that works better.

And to reiterate my main issue with this site I've brought up before: Posting @ TheChunk! GO ***** YOURSELF! I CAN"T SEE THE END OF MY SENTENCE!
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

8-bit wrote:Port over my postcount! haha. My postcount is one of the qualifiers I use to demonstrate how long in the tooth I am with KA24DET and how committed to this community I am (having owned a KA for a minority of the time I am on and contributing).

Whatever happens, happens. I'd mostly like to see teh same site, but on a new site that works better.

And to reiterate my main issue with this site I've brought up before: Posting @ TheChunk! GO **** YOURSELF! I CAN"T SEE THE END OF MY SENTENCE!
Haha - I lost the argument a LONG time ago with Klattr1 about @TheChunk - I dont like it either. You know you can make the text box bigger by resizing it from the bottom right where the three little dots are, right?

--RIck
••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Yeah, what the hell is TheChunk anyways?

Rick - Realistically, what are your plans for this site over the next 12 months?
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: So does anyone want to set up a new KA-T forum?

Post by cleantune »

Something's different :shifty: I like it!

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

I guess new people cant view the for sale section? Not sure that was intentional

Im liking the updated software!
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Grant

Post by Grant »

schmauster920 wrote:I guess new people cant view the for sale section? Not sure that was intentional

Im liking the updated software!

nope you need 25 post to view/post in that section, i dont think its a bad idea.
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

I like the new layout, and everything seems to be running well. Buy why do some of my posts need to be approved by a mod?