Ka-t kit

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Love_my_zenki
NooB

Ka-t kit

Post by Love_my_zenki »

Hey I'm planning on boosting my dual cam in my s14 and was curious if any of you knew of any decent kits I could buy. I'm looking for a decent amount of power yet reasonable reliability..so like a "nice" eBay turbo kit.. If you have knowledge let me know thanks a ton
sx moneypit
240sx Wannabe

Post by sx moneypit »

Life is a journey,enjoy the ride.

-Ben
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Ka-t kit

Post by arob987 »

Love_my_zenki wrote:Hey I'm planning on boosting my dual cam in my s14 and was curious if any of you knew of any decent kits I could buy. I'm looking for a decent amount of power yet reasonable reliability..so like a "nice" eBay turbo kit.. If you have knowledge let me know thanks a ton
First off welcome to the site.try to give a little more description of your goals and want,a lot of people here have knowledge on boosting the ka and this general question has been asked many times before so it gets overlooked.ask more specific questions for better responses.

"A decent amount could vary person to person"some parts from eBay are good some are crap.that being said I and most people here would recommend piecing a kit together with quality parts where needed for less money in the long run,buying used quality is a better then having to buy twice for a crappy part. The saying is "cheap,fast,reliable" pick two all three just don't go together.

If your looking for a reliable budget setup then I'd say look into a t2 setup they are the best bang for buck with a used quality garrett turbo at a reasonable price.I could go on and on but that will get you started,check the dyno threads you can get an idea of what turbo will do what and help you choose what you want and ehays needed.if you have any more specific questions or something you can't find the answer to the just ask and we'll help.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

Post by jaysol92 »

As long as you don't cheap out on the tune, a low boost setup can probably use some "cheaper" parts . On the flip side you do get what you pay for so be cautious on what you buy and search to see if its been used to get some feedback.
boker240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by boker240 »

no such thing as a nice turbo kit from ebay.
only things u buy from ebay are non moving parts.radiator,fmic.NEVER a turbo.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

1. go to ebay
2. find isis parts from enjuku
3. Low ball ken on ebay....he'll still give you a great deal.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
antigravity
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by antigravity »

I have a full SR setup if you're interested that bolts up th the KA if you're interested
Rich260z

Post by Rich260z »

You can easily piece together a kit for cheaper. Right now I'm at $650 and all I'm missing is a tuneable ecu or aftermarket ecu.

I have:
Full CX racing intercooler kit (intercooler, piping, and **** bov)
Isis V2 manifold
SR20 stock turbo (will rebuild using a bigger compressor)
SR injectors
Elbow and downpipe
Oil and water feed lines
We race from 120mph rolls...
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien
Mack0917
NooB

Post by Mack0917 »

you could piece everything together by searching the for sale section on this forum or some others. Or eBay for some good parts. Also Craigslist!
chillmieste
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by chillmieste »

craigslist prolly ur best bet for decent parts/prices. also forums r great! Even better when people just want to get rid of their stuff
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

Honestly yeah look for locals, and craigslist aim for used cheaper parts at least they still have quality in them, but definitely piece together your own kit brother so much more worth it! go to CXRacing.com or Speedyracer.com I think it is for a intercooler kit which come pre-fabbed for your car for a decent price!