Oil pressure getting inaccurate read from sandwich plate

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
240s-ex
240sx Wannabe

Oil pressure getting inaccurate read from sandwich plate

Post by 240s-ex »

I was told than running a sandwich plate for my autometer oil pressure sender would not give an accurate reading for some reason. Is this correct? Also it has enough pressure to feed the turbo, correct? And another oil pressure thread on here said not to use a t-fitting because the senders aren't meant to hang and they will break. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I would rather use the sandwich plate and run a line with compression fittings tot the oil pressure sender. Thanks
AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Oil pressure getting inaccurate read from sandwich plate

Post by AFKOUKI »

I have a sandwich plate for oil pressure gauge and turbo oil feed. Pretty sure it works for pleNty of folks
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

I am also running a sandwich plate for feed and pressure gauge. I am reading 0-10 psi oil pressure at idle, and it is very weird, because itll go to 2 psi and then jump suddenly up to 10psi. It makes me wonder if the gauge is accurate reading from the sandwich, or if I need to replace my pump. Just make sure you get a good quality gauge, autometer would do good.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
tacokiller07
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by tacokiller07 »

I was starting to worry since im also going to run a sandwich plate for my setup. Anyone have problems with theres so far?
chillmieste
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by chillmieste »

no problems here i use sandwich plate with prosport gauge and oil feed to turbo. i read 20psi at idle when warm. Im pretty sure thats factory spec. I like prosport but they seem to go about every 2 years...
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

I use a Sandwich plate on my Accord with no problems for over a year and it was feeding my t3/t4 Turbonetics with no problems, and on my Ka I'm using a T-fitting right where the oil sensor goes near next to the oil filter and I have oil Feed Line, Oil pressure Gauge, and the Oil sensor on that and everything is holding fine.
chillmieste
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by chillmieste »

i like the idea of the t at the oil pressure sensor. i find it a pain in the ass to replace that sensor, with a t much more access and you can get rid of the plate. But i guess either way it works just fine
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

Look at how reputable companies do things if your ever in question. Greddy sells several sandwich plates designed to accomidate oil pressure and temperature sensors.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

Yeah for real, I mean it all comes down to money I guess? I just had a T-fitting laying around and was like F it, its a good source and fits everything, and instead of spending money and ordering a sandwich plate and having to wait I wanted to get it done, and it worked out perfect in my favor!
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

I just drilled and tapped my stock oil filter housing.

The T adapters arent the best because they can flex and break with the heat and vibrations.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
boker240

Post by boker240 »

imo when adding a turbo and an oil feed line it takes some pressure away as its a bigger system.never thought I was getting the right reading w I was boosted for almost 2 years.it was above minimum factory spec which is 11psi @ idle and 50 psi 3000rpm.it was 12 psi @ idle w boosted. went back n/a and it idles @ 22psi warm.idk.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

temperature and pressure are directly proportional to each other. thats why coolant systems are pressurized to raise the boiling point. NA your oil prob gets 180* tops. turbo, you easily hit 240* messing around on the highway. - thats the main difference in your situation.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
KA-T S12
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by KA-T S12 »

Anyone use this one?

http://www.mishimoto.com/oil-plate-sand ... apter.html

Looks good and they have it cheaper on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMOP-TP ... B004UVL6T4

Any thoughts?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

boker240 wrote:imo when adding a turbo and an oil feed line it takes some pressure away as its a bigger system.never thought I was getting the right reading w I was boosted for almost 2 years.it was above minimum factory spec which is 11psi @ idle and 50 psi 3000rpm.it was 12 psi @ idle w boosted. went back n/a and it idles @ 22psi warm.idk.
sdaigle240 wrote:temperature and pressure are directly proportional to each other. thats why coolant systems are pressurized to raise the boiling point. NA your oil prob gets 180* tops. turbo, you easily hit 240* messing around on the highway. - thats the main difference in your situation.
you will not loose pressure by adding a cooler despite its increase volume. the colder the oil the higher the pressure, and well.... a coolers job is to keep the oil cooler. your pressures in all situations will go up when adding a cooler.