better way to seal blow thru maf

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
jsd21hb
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

better way to seal blow thru maf

Post by jsd21hb »

I found a better way of sealing up a maf in a blow thru setup by silicone sealing around the inside of the maf instead of epoxying the top piece. This also alowed me to do this which in my opinion looks pretty cool.
89 sohc hatch t25 12psi. E60 blowthough ftw.
arob987

Re: better way to seal blow thru maf

Post by arob987 »

I hope it works better for you than it did me when I was blowthrough I took the cover off and made it look oem'ish first and it started leaking so I said forget this and put epoxy on the outside I can't remember what I tried using at first it was years ago.so just make sure to do a boost leak test to ensure its sealed so you don't have mysterious problems.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
jsd21hb

Post by jsd21hb »

Yeah I did a boost leak test up to 12 psi no leaks at all. I just sealed the gap between the element piece and the housing with silicone. Since the gap is probly an 8th inch it sealed good and prevents the top part from getting pressurized.
89 sohc hatch t25 12psi. E60 blowthough ftw.
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

If you can find them, someone made a metal z32 maf housing designed specifically for blow through. I found one on this forums a few years back and it works fantastic. Seals up great and no blocking apart billet aluminum.

Background: I had a stock z32 maf that blew at 8psi. Epoxied the cap and in the housing around the sensor. Still came apart, and could never get a coupler to stay on one side.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
dj_smooth
240sx Wannabe

Post by dj_smooth »

I bought one personally. Let know if you want the guys contact.

sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

seen these on ebay now.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s