What would YOU like to see manufactured??

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
adamky
SuperMod

Re: What would YOU like to see manufactured??

Post by adamky »

adamky wrote:I still want someone to make me a billet fuel tank cap. 2FAS240 on here made one and I've wanted one ever since.

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=509577#p509577

I second this guy ^^^^ Billet fuel tank cap
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
ka240de
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka240de »

updates ?
1991 sil-eighty se sold
1995 bmw 540i written off
1995 pathfinder se, sold
1995 Altima gxe, sold
aasorah
Learners Permit

Post by aasorah »

I would like to see a new silvia manufactured for 2015.
unreal-
Learners Permit

Post by unreal- »

ka240de wrote:updates ?
I could be wrong, but it sounds like one of those "hey i have access to a machine shop/Equipment and can possibly make parts for KA's" threads that pop up on this forum, and zilvia once or twice a year. They almost NEVER bear any fruit. Only company that has come thru is Tomei with their recent developments for the KA engine, and RS-Enthalpy with his anti-stall adapter for people running the Z32 AFM on a SR/KA. Not too many people can shoulder the development and machining costs to support a large community.

Just sayin' :character-mrt:
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Well this wasn't a guy trying to make parts, he needed an idea for a capstone project. Maybe after he graduates and gets access to equipment, he will make some parts.

I met up with my machine guy who works out of his house. He lives in a development called Aero Club. Needless to say he has a hanger in back of his garage with a single prop aircraft. Majority of the houses have planes and they have access to a runway in the middle of the development.

Now back to my story, he makes different tools for different motors. He is probably around 50 yrs old and has mills, lathes, drill press, balancer, etc. I bet when he was young, he envisioned making parts but it probably did not happen overnight. This is the beauty of dreams becoming realities.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by S14wayz »

^ You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for those words. The reason why there are limited companies making parts for the KA is because the profit margin is pretty minimal, especially on unique and expensive parts (not to be offensive but lets face it, a lot of us are on a pretty tight budget). But parts like beer can's fuel rail are fricken awesome, especially at that price he is offering them at. I think it would be great to see more people with adequate resources and skill to test the waters and create new and different products for the KA . Great responses, thanks for all the replies, it defiantly helps to get the juices flowing.
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

I think this market is a prime area for someone to start making items if they want to start out somewhere. its low production quantity, the people are easy to get along with as long as you dont scam them and its something we all enjoy (the car parts that is). have no complaints over the years here. I just dont recommend taking on a larger projects off the bat, like custom adapter engine/adapter plates, unless you have the tools to do it (like actual cad drawings/dimensions/spacing etc). will find that it eats alot of your time for little return. I just started making something that I needed on my car and I enjoy machining/designing things, so the rest is history. thanks for the positive words on the rails, it makes building these things that much more rewarding since its not all about the money

I have to say, there are plenty of good ideas here in this thread for smaller items people want, even though they may not be capstone project material. Would love to see more people making things
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Another part i think we'd all enjoy the benefits of would be a individual throttle body plate that would sandwich between the head and intake manifold. Similar to the gti-r's. I'd skip the single cam in favor of increased popularity and demand for dohc.... Even though I'd love one! I imagine a design similar to extrudabody's itb's bolted to two flanges would work great and be somewhat simple and cost effective.
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

on that note of a spacer between the intake/head, i wonder why no one has made an aluminum spacer (replacing the gasket in the process) and just using a barbed fitting for the radiator outlet, something like: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mez-wn0031b/overview/

could swap out the regular gasket that is always a special order item (at least is here) and replace with orings to seal the head to the adapter
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Mmmm, o-ringed flanges would be sooo nice to have! That fitting looks very sweet!
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

sil-coupe wrote:Mmmm, o-ringed flanges would be sooo nice to have! That fitting looks very sweet!
will mess around with drawing one up later, will have to see if i can find a intake flange cad drawing somewhere or just scan the stock manifold. would probably need to be 1/4-3/8" thick to have enough meat for those an threads
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

beercandrifter wrote:on that note of a spacer between the intake/head, i wonder why no one has made an aluminum spacer (replacing the gasket in the process) and just using a barbed fitting for the radiator outlet, something like: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mez-wn0031b/overview/

could swap out the regular gasket that is always a special order item (at least is here) and replace with orings to seal the head to the adapter
I'm a little confused, you mean a gasket like this but in aluminum?
http://www.frsport.com/Circuit-Sports-T ... _8141.html

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

cleantune wrote:
beercandrifter wrote:on that note of a spacer between the intake/head, i wonder why no one has made an aluminum spacer (replacing the gasket in the process) and just using a barbed fitting for the radiator outlet, something like: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mez-wn0031b/overview/

I'm a little confused, you mean a gasket like this but in aluminum?
http://www.frsport.com/Circuit-Sports-T ... _8141.html

but with a 20 AN threaded port for radiator filler neck?