CA18ET exhaust manifold on KA24E...

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

CA18ET exhaust manifold on KA24E...

Post by sil-coupe »

Okay guys, after exhaustive searching through google and many forums, I have come up with not a whole lot. What I'd like to know is if anyone has ACTUALLY succeeded in modifying a ca18et turbo mani to work on a ka24e. I have found a lot of people talking about it being possible. Some people saying they were going to attempt it... But no follow up. I know that the z18et manifold would be a better option but I'm sure that it would be very expensive to purchase let alone ship from oversees. I do however have a purchase pending on a local ca18et manifold for an amazingly low price of $20.00!

I know the ports are squarish instead of round, that would be addressed with new ka flanges being welded on. It is a t2 flange... Will be modding to t3. I would also add a waste gate flange to the side just above the t3 flange.

I understand that this is a lot of work to do even to a $20 manifold. I'm looking for an end result similar to the ka/sr hybrid manifolds... OEM appearance and cast reliability.

Has anyone here been witness to this being successfully accomplished? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Re: CA18ET exhaust manifold on KA24E...

Post by sil-coupe »

Well folks... I got two of them for a reasonable cost. The down side is that I didn't think to bring my crap cx-racing mani for comparison on port spacing. After comparing them, I don't know how feasible this is going to be. Its definitely going to be more work than I expected, if it even works. I will update you all whether anything happens or not. And if not, I'll give reasons why and provide pics so the next guy that searches will know.
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

R&D is priceless. It sets paths for the next DIY'er/Thinker.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Okay, after a bunch of measurements... I've come to the conclusion that it is definitely possible and worth the work in my eyes. I have to get some 1/2" mild steel plate and make the flanges. I'll try to take some pics as I go, so expect some updates soon.
It's ridiculous how long an engine build can take!!!
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by signals13 »

lol yeah engine builds can take forever, that is great to hear about ca18 mani's being closely matched just have to set up the mani and take pics have fun.
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

This project has been mothballed. I'm getting my head soon and want something matched to the caliber of the cylinder head. It is possible to do but nothing lines up to the point of having to drill 1-1/2" holes at an angle, two separate angles per pair. To those that attempt this before I actually do it... It won't be easy. And quite frankly I think the effort is better spent on a custom welded twin scroll manifold. So... I wasted $40 on two manifolds for the better knowledge of the community.