help building kat. deciding intake

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
kaytlinkat
NooB

help building kat. deciding intake

Post by kaytlinkat »

Hey. New to this site. Been building a kat for about a year now. Forged internals polished and balanced crank bored out 20 thousands over, 550 injectors, cosmetic head gasket, arp studs, clevite bearings, polished head with new valve stem seals. Still debating what turbo to run. And I have heard intake use a freddy sr one because it helps build power up top so u loose a little down low but ka has low torque anyway guess u just have to like custom make it. Or I found one on ebay for like 300 not really sure what's best but not doing stock because I want to be able to reach behind the intake lol. Uuummm ya first motor build. Any advice helps thx :dance:
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: help building kat. deciding intake

Post by airman »

With 550cc injectors, a stock intake will be fine. The greddy/knockoff ones are fine, if you go custom make sure it was thought through (a bigass square plenum with tiny runners will be bad news).

If you want better access around that side of the engine that is understandable, with my first 240 I stripped the stock manifold of all the vacuum/egr stuff to clean up the hoses.

Got a link for the $300 one on ebay?
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by street_240sx »

Just keep the stock without butteryflies til you want 500+ hp
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
z240xs
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by z240xs »

I only have one problem with the knock off greddy intakes and that is that I had to do a lot of mill work to it because the fuel injectors did not sit proper in their seats and it had the whole fuel rail sitting offset so just be watchful of that
boosting it! solving it!
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by S14wayz »

anyone have a link to this knock off greddy intake? I've only come across ones for the SR on ebay..does that fit KA motors or something??
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534