DIYPNP HELP

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
kbuie3244
NooB

DIYPNP HELP

Post by kbuie3244 »

I going to keep it short have a 95 with a recent turbo upgrade. Currently running stock ecu. Went to get my diypnp tuned today at a local shop. Needless to say he had issues the whole time with connections when he finally was able to setup the base map he could not get any signal from the disturtor. At this point I'm lost, could it have anything to do with the trigger wheel?
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: DIYPNP HELP

Post by BigLoukaT »

Who built the diypnp? And how was it built? Jumper board connections?
There could be any number of issues and need more info
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

Also, are you running the stock trigger wheel, or our add on one?
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
kbuie3244
NooB

Post by kbuie3244 »

My brother built the board. And I had the stock trigger wheel the day of the tune. Just received the ms trigger wheel a day ago. The last few days I have been looking over the board over and over. And found in INPUT 1 R14 is missing a resistor. and the jumper for ignition S1 is not wired in. thinking that is my issue?
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

Missing the resistor for input 1 would only affect if you were using input 1 for something.
you should not need the jumper to s1 because you should be using the logic level coil output to the stock coil transistor (not directly driving the coil itself)
tell us how the CAS sensor input is wired... do you have the right pin carrying the signal into the board? OPTO ground jumpers? 12v pull up installed?
do you have a full map of jumper board connections that you could post up? Maybe some very high quality pics?
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
kbuie3244
NooB

Post by kbuie3244 »

pic of pnp board
Attachments
DSC_1544.JPG
DSC_1545.JPG
DSC_1546.JPG
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

Cool, looks like there is a 12v pull up resistor in r3 for OPTO in, and there appears to be a jumper for OPTO ground (right? Hard to see in pics)

One thing I can't tell by the pics, is which pin on the jumper board is connected to OPTO in on the mainboard. Which pin is it?

Have you guys tried starting it yourself? What happens?
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

Sorry, didn't see your pm before the last post:
kbuie3244 wrote: OPTO ground is in
12v to pin #38
no CAS wired in #53
Am I looking at the wrong FSM (http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1995/)? Looks like the OPTO signal needs to ride on pin 41/45 for both the basic trigger on stock disk, and the 12 teeth per rev on the diyautotune disk. And for the diyautotune disk, 40, 44 will bring in the single tooth cam signal on VR2 (need to add a pull up resistor to 5v).

Actually no: looking back at the FSM, you are using the wrong crank angle sensor. You need to use the one in the distributor (41,45) and NOT the one that reads flywheel teeth (53)
Attachments
1995.JPG
1995.JPG
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
kbuie3244
NooB

Post by kbuie3244 »

Sorry man, please put in simple terms haha I'm not the electrical genius here.
So your saying "pullups" put a resistor in v2 to 5v?
then pin 41 or 45 go to vr2?
Right?
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

No, sorry for branching off, first thing first

Change your current pin 53 connection to either 41 or 45 (doesn't matter which)

ETA: should be pin 41/45 to OPTO IN + not 53 like you currently have it
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
BigLoukaT

Post by BigLoukaT »

get it running now?
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP