Fastest 10second car?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
chubbza5
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Fastest 10second car?

Post by chubbza5 »

Hey guys, been a long time member, long time away! I sold the 240 after it just cost me wayyy too much money for a college student, I rebuild the entire car twice over and sold it to a drift guy out of san antonio who said he was puttin a large RB in it!

The general chat is pretty slow nowadays so I figured I'd post here.

Anyhow, I loved the forums long ago and know that (most) of you guys know what you're talking about.

Now that I'm a few years older and have a few more bucks, I've been looking at g35's and 350's (have a badass silverado now for trade) was wondering...

If you had 10-15k and unlimited imagination, and wanted to run 10's

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!?

CRX with b16 turbo (plz delete your account)
Miata with 350? (do same as above^)

Just thinking about options. I like the foxbody's for this, and have considered the q45 with boost. Even throwing a blower on the truck, but it's nearly 3 tons and isn't really EVER going to be truly "fast"

Let me know, I'd like to see what ya'll come up with!
supakat
SuperMod

Re: Fastest 10second car?

Post by supakat »

I would boost the LM7 on stock block and make close to 700whp in a truck. It may not be fast but capable of high 11's.

I am working on a z as a side job. The engine bay is tight to work on. Putting a VQ in an S chassis is way better imo.

Between the Miata or CRX, I would never put high whp in a front wheel drive. Traction issues suck plus breaking axles. I would do a Miata but with a 1jz or VQ. I like 6 cylinders cause they have TQ plus a good RPM range.

We just measured the VQ vs KA and they are close to the same length while the VQ is naturally wider. The z side job is some guy who seen my car, went for a ride, and I worked on his daily. He wants 800whp but that is not going to be overnight. The VQ spins tires easy already stock so with more power, traction is going to be the biggest issues.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

I have a G35 sport edition. My opinion: if you get one, just enjoy it stock. I'd never want to work on that fcuker... Change the oil RELIGIOUSLY at 3000 miles with Rotella 5w-40 because they are hard on oil. Fairly fun to drift and really nice to ride in for long periods of time. Other than that they aren't too exciting, IMO...

If I was building a 10sec street car, I think I would just do a really light S13 KA-T with drag radials. With weight reduction, you should be able to get close with 450whp. My car trapped 122mph with 420whp.

I just think that compared to other cars, KA's are really easy... Easy to make power and easy to work on.

Currently own the G35 as mentioned, a Subaru Impreza, S2000, Miata, and an old Ford truck. I'd still do KA stuff anyday over working on any of those. Each has a perk, but for a high HP street car I think the KA package is hard to beat for the money.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
chubbza5
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by chubbza5 »

Thanks for the replies so far!

I like the KA's too for ease but I am thinking about staying away from a 4 cylinder just because of the boost amounts we run to get high hp really works the engines hard compared to lower boost on something bigger.

My girlfriend drives a G and yeah they're very tight inside the engine bay. Hers doesn't burn oil like I hear some of the 2006's did, it's an 03 as well.

How's that impreza holding up fanatic?
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

me?
I would get an s15 shell, put an ls3 crate engine in it with a cam/intake upgrade on it
paint it
drive the car

i have nothing against the turbos, but N/A is so much nicer for maintenance, and cooling.

granted you can just use an lm7 like supa suggested and toss a turbo on it. heck, my drivetrain with the lm7 was less than 3k (150 engine, bit north of 1k for a trans, 200 d/s, 200 clutch/flywheel, rest spent on electronics and fittings). You do the auto trans and use a stock ecu, you knock off about 1500-2k.

Although, can assure you, the s13 with the lm7/cam and springs/ls1 intake, is plenty fun. This is coming from a pretty nice turbo setup. need to take the thing out to get some runs on it, butt dyno saying low mid 12s on it stock. stock ls7's with autos in s13s were running 12.4's at our track here
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

chubbza5 wrote:Thanks for the replies so far!

I like the KA's too for ease but I am thinking about staying away from a 4 cylinder just because of the boost amounts we run to get high hp really works the engines hard compared to lower boost on something bigger.

My girlfriend drives a G and yeah they're very tight inside the engine bay. Hers doesn't burn oil like I hear some of the 2006's did, it's an 03 as well.

How's that impreza holding up fanatic?
I made 350whp at 14psi on my T04E and T04R setup. I think greaser ran 10s at close to that power level, maybe a little more. But for me, that was a pump gas tune that was daily driveable/reliable. I think with a little weight reduction and drag radials, you could get very close to 10's.

Yea ours doesn't really burn much oil esp if I don't drive it.ha

It holds up great. At some point, I want to do a 2.5L swap, or possibly a JDM EJ20.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...