Crank Girdle in truck KA possible?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
navyboarder89
NooB

Crank Girdle in truck KA possible?

Post by navyboarder89 »

So I am working on getting a KA24DE block to build up so I can swap into my 85 720 2WD. I have spent countless hours researching the differences in KA blocks, and think I have a small understanding of the variations between production years and what vehicle it was designed for. My question at this time is it possible to use a full crank girdle off a 240sx, instead of the individual caps on the truck blocks?

Some more details:
I'm choosing the truck KA because of availability in my area, I live in Alaska and there just isn't many 240's around. Also I think the rear sump would go better in my truck, buy I'm not sure on that since it's only 2WD. There's probably more info that could be useful for me to put in here, but drawing a blank at the moment.

Thanks in advance
navyboarder89
NooB

Re: Crank Girdle in truck KA possible?

Post by navyboarder89 »

I might have found the answer to my own question.. I think the oil pan his it. But if someone knows for sure, I'd appreciate the input.
mewantkouki
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by mewantkouki »

The crank girdle from a car and the main caps from the truck engine are not interchangeable as far as I know. If they are, you'll definitely have to modify your oil pan because the girdle hangs lower than the floating main caps.

http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=16700

This should cover everything you need to know.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Not sure about fitment, but I know the oil pans are different on the trucks.

Additionally, it isn't a good idea to use a girdle that isn't from the same block. The two pieces are machined together. You may be able to get away with it if you hone the main bore, but it isn't something I would like to do.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
motorhead
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by motorhead »

i am building a 500hp ka24e and my engine machinist has some experience dealing with rebello.

rebello actually prefers to use the truck block, the 240sx girdle causes oiling issues.

http://www.race-cars.com/engsold/other/ ... 6209ss.htm
. 97 D21 . BELLTECH DROPPED . TORSION BARS .ENKEI'S . AZENIS . TURBO
NYR SCCA MEMBER