spark issue. any suggestions

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Dank240
NooB

spark issue. any suggestions

Post by Dank240 »

Hey guys.
Been a loooooong time since ive been on thw forums.
So heres my issue...
Turbo'd my ka24de, longest time i couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start but i had it narrowed down to spark i thought. I had bkr6e plugs gapped at .032

Tried a new cap and rotor and such things. No start. I put back in the bkr5's i ran when n/a and she started! But was burning what i believed to be fuel due to it being black smoke. I was under the assumtion it was due to the bkr5s maybe. So i sat on it for a while. Put some new bkr6's back in gapped at .032, no go and tried gapping to .028, no go.

Soooooooooooo i dunno. Any suggestions?
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: spark issue. any suggestions

Post by airman »

You should be able to at least start the car on any heat range plug if everything is alright. I would be troubleshooting a super-rich condition. What all has changed between the time it ran well and now
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
duncan351
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Post by duncan351 »

That sounds like a very weak coil or bad ground or voltage supply to the coil.
843whp @ 40psi
761/596 Tq 33psi 6766
http://www.enginerebuild.net
"Anyone can make power but how long can you make it last?"
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Post by 2FAS240 »

I agree with Duncan351 check all your grounds, also pay special attention to the dizzy connecter plug the wires get brittle and pins can get loose.

are you a 100% sure you timed everything correctly? Way back when I had somewhat of a similar issue and could not figure it out for the life of me so I pulled the dizzy and retimed everything from scratch and started perfectly and never had an issue since.