GKtech is still at it!

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

GKtech is still at it!

Post by Kamilitaryman »

They just released this guy:

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/s13-s14 ... -flow.html

Now let's talk fans for a bit:

A while back (a few years here), I read about the importance of the stock cooling fan. Even with a proper e-fan setup, our engines were spiking in temps and when people re-installed the factory clutch fan, the temps would stay in check. Now, I have aquestion is for those with unique cooling setups, such as those that no longer employ the stock radiator shroud. Do you think running the clutch fan would benefit the motor, even if the fan shroud is not there? I'm running an aftermarket, small Honda Civic radiator with an e-fan and I'm curious to see if this fan would benefit my setup.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
adamky
SuperMod

Re: GKtech is still at it!

Post by adamky »

Kamilitaryman wrote:Do you think running the clutch fan would benefit the motor, even if the fan shroud is not there? I'm running an aftermarket, small Honda Civic radiator with an e-fan and I'm curious to see if this fan would benefit my setup.
That's pretty cool (pun intended) that they make that now.

My opinion is that without the shroud, I think it's effectiveness would be greatly diminished. I bet a properly shrouded e-fan setup would do just as good, if not better than that fan without a shroud. And if you are running one of those Civic fans that are about 1/2 the length of the stock KA radiator, I can't imagine it would be an upgrade over your e-fan. When designing effective cooling systems, it's all about the shroud/ducting and being able to force air to only pull from where you need it to.
:twocents-02cents:

EDIT: I just saw where you said that you want to use this as an addition to your e-fan setup. That may make a difference by being able to circulate more air around the bay. Hard to say without trying it.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: GKtech is still at it!

Post by street_240sx »

Gktech made that fan years ago. I run altima fans and have no issues. There are a few sr20 guys here that run mech fan with handmade metal shrouds, they look dope and im sure function just as well. I like efans for space, ease to work on and looks. If they made a heavy duty fan clutch that worked on our cars that would be dope. I never forsee myself going back to mechanical
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao