"Successfully" reverted from Turbo to NA

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Caveit77777
240sx Wannabe

"Successfully" reverted from Turbo to NA

Post by Caveit77777 »

Long story short everything turbo related that gets hot snapped, cracked, or seized so I pulled all the junk off and replaced it all with an NA enthalpy tune (so i could keep z32 maf) and an isr header. Tested it and to my surprise it ran very well minus a few vaacum leaks that got taken care of quickly. A couple of things stood out to me on my test drive though starting with the most concerning

1. After turning the car off the ECU buzzed for a solid 3 seconds. The buzz was slightly louder in volume than the fuel pump priming (aeromotive not very stealth) but was not as high pitched. Just a buzz is really the best way to describe it.
2. The abs light is now on
3. When making a 90 degree right turn the steering wheel has sudden interruptions and has to be turned back to straight when exiting the turn. (Normally the steering wheel bounces right back)

I've got new suspension and brake parts ready to go in just haven't done it yet but what is really sketching me out is that the ECU is making noise. I didn't even know and ECU COULD make noises. Any ideas? I searched but everyone with ECU noises had different symptoms
1996 Zenki: Arias 8.8:1 Forged Pistons, AMS Sportsman Series Rods, Tial 38mm, 370cc, Fel-pro Gaskets, New Stock Crank, Nismo Thermo, Nismo Mounts, Dual Canister Exhaust, Walbro 255, T3/T4 Turbo, Mishimoto Rad, Isis Fans, HKS SSQV, SPL Tension Rods, GAB Revo Sport II Coilovers, Enthalpy Tuned... more to come
adamky
SuperMod

Re: "Successfully" reverted from Turbo to NA

Post by adamky »

Are you 100% positive the noise is coming from the ECU. I'd unbolt it and take the cover off of the ECU. Then turn the car off to make the noise and see if you can track down where it is coming from. It might just be something near the ECU... possibly even something related to the ABS system...?! A video of it might also be helpful. Take one and post it on YouTube.

Steering issue... is it possible that your new header is too close against the steering shaft and especially the knuckle? I've had to put multiple dents in multiple header tubes just to clear the steering shaft/knuckle on my car when I was N/A and supercharged. Had 3 different headers on it over the years.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: "Successfully" reverted from Turbo to NA

Post by cleantune »

I would check for loose wires going to the ECU (or to where ever the noise is coming from). As for the steering, I would make sure there are no loose parts or excessive play in steering components. Then I would check for obstructions (like Adam said). Maybe check out the power steering system too for a loose belt, low fluid, or boiling fluid.

Have you contacted Enthapy about the ECU?
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing