KA'S GETTING HARDER TO FIND?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
drop240
NooB

KA'S GETTING HARDER TO FIND?

Post by drop240 »

Is it just me being in Oklahoma or are Ka's getting harder to find. I checked out car-part.com and theyre asking for 500-1200 bucks for running Ka's with hiiiiiiiiigh miles. I really really don't want to go the sr route or swap a different engine in my car because I feel like there are more sr20s on the streets than ka's. Just trying to see what you guys are running into.
~SAMPLEDEEZENUTZ~
adamky
SuperMod

Re: KA'S GETTING HARDER TO FIND?

Post by adamky »

Yup. This is why I never throw away KA parts anymore. I got really lucky with my last motor and I only had to drive a couple of hours to get a stock motor for $300. KA's weren't used in a lot of vehicles outside of the U.S. SR's on the other hand, were made all over the world.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Post by 2FAS240 »

I watch craigslist and have picked up a couple of motors for next to nothing just gotta be a little patient.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Craigslist is where I found mine too.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

Yeah I'm like 10 years too late to the KA game. In the South East you'll see some KA's pop up for $400+ running or $300+ with bad bearing (or who knows) but they are gone within a day or two if anywhere near a populated area (3-4 hour drive). No more $300 ka's that sit around for weeks, or multiple ka's for sale at the same time. Depending on your area there are facebook buy/sale car forums that I sometimes see ka's for sale on and not on Craigslist.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

No doubt. One of the things that drew me to the KA, aside from it's power potential, was how plentiful spares were since everybody else considered them "throw away" motors and you could get them for next to nothing. Now I've finally got a decently powerful KA and the spare KA inventory has all but dried up. If I find a decent one under $500 , I'm going to buy it just to have a spare/backup.
M3LVIN
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by M3LVIN »

Chicago area is the worst. It's either people run them until their destroyed or take them apart, give up on a build and sell em in a million pieces.
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

M3LVIN wrote:Chicago area is the worst. It's either people run them until their destroyed or take them apart, give up on a build and sell em in a million pieces.
Same in ATL area with heads. It's always a head for sale without cam caps or cam caps in a box not ordered/numbered. Common people!
ZERTARACING
Learners Permit

Post by ZERTARACING »

I feel S14 Ka's are still available here in CA, seems like a lot of the crowd out here goes for a full swap option. However the are still pricy at about $300-800 depending on the condition. I got lucky and purchase 2 KA's in a day but had to make a 4 hour trip to do so. That was about a year ago and I got one for 150 (burning oil probably low compression but running pretty solid) and the other for 300 with good compression. I am going to build the good compression block for boost and use the other for spares if i need, or rebuild it if I need another spare. Thats a bummer the KA is getting harder to come by back east.
Building my S-chassis in my garage, piece by piece.