Gm 3.5 bar map sensor on ka24det

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
datsunissan
Dreams of owning a 240!

Gm 3.5 bar map sensor on ka24det

Post by datsunissan »

Hey r any of you running a gm map sensor on your ka-t? The original maf voltage is 12v and these run on 0-5v power, a signal, and grounds so was wondering how any of wired it up? Im trying to tune my truck and having funky maf problems..going to try a different stock maf again if it starts i will wire back up a new 3 bar gm map. Someone please help asap
datsunissan
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Gm 3.5 bar map sensor on ka24det

Post by datsunissan »

Im running stock s13 ecu with nismotronic..im thinking just try a new gm map wired to tps +...i probably cooked the first map by putting it to 12 v stock maf +??
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Use the 5V output from the break-out-board to power it. I'm running a 3 bar GM MAP sensor and that's what I did.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I forgot to mention. The 5V output from the break-out-board is a voltage regulator. To use it, you have to send 12V to the board on the "12V in" pin. Without this 12V in, the 5V output simply won't work.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
datsunissan
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by datsunissan »

Now the ka is in a datsun pickup would i still have a break out board? Havent heard this term before was just gonna run it to tps + but id still like to know exactly how yours is working
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Nismotronic uses a break out board which is where all of the analog inputs and the flex sensor input connect. It attaches via ethernet cable to the daughter board.

It's the small black box laying on the bag.

Here's a picture of mine with the cover off. I have it cabled up and mounted to a piece of aluminum, which allows the cables to be zip tied and supported.

I'm actually using the 5V power from the BOB to power 4 different sensors.