automatic transmission problem

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
lopro240
240sx Wannabe

automatic transmission problem

Post by lopro240 »

Haven't searched so I dont know if there is a post about this. Not all the time but a good majority of the time I drive my car in the rain or snow or something if i get any sort of wheel spin around a turn or something, the car will like get stuck in gear. Its an automatic. I'll floor it from a stop and the car will be a dog like its stuck in 3rd gear. If i manually drop it to 1, its still a dog but feels better as if i down shift to 2nd. Then when i shift to 2, nothing happens, than i hit drive, and hit the overdrive on off button and theres no change, its really weird. Than when i turn the car off and start it again its fine. Anyone having this problem? or know of someone who has had this problem?

I'm looking to do the 5spd conversion but I figured I could drive the car with the turbo and automatic for a while. So now i dont have money for the 5spd conversion since i just bought a turbo, intercooler, wastegate, blowoff valve, oil lines, exhaust, test pipe, intercooler piping, couplers, clamps, I'm just waiting for the oil lines and exhaust to come and than the turbo will be going in. I would love to hear some feedback.
Globalsilence
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Globalsilence »

That is a bazaar problem, sounds like wiring for sure. I don’t know anything about the sensors but I would start by getting under the car and checking all the connections. Is the check engine light on?
Greaser
Master of Knowledge

Re: automatic transmission problem

Post by Greaser »

lopro240 wrote:Haven't searched so I dont know if there is a post about this. Not all the time but a good majority of the time I drive my car in the rain or snow or something if i get any sort of wheel spin around a turn or something, the car will like get stuck in gear. Its an automatic. I'll floor it from a stop and the car will be a dog like its stuck in 3rd gear. If i manually drop it to 1, its still a dog but feels better as if i down shift to 2nd. Then when i shift to 2, nothing happens, than i hit drive, and hit the overdrive on off button and theres no change, its really weird. Than when i turn the car off and start it again its fine. Anyone having this problem? or know of someone who has had this problem?

I'm looking to do the 5spd conversion but I figured I could drive the car with the turbo and automatic for a while. So now i dont have money for the 5spd conversion since i just bought a turbo, intercooler, wastegate, blowoff valve, oil lines, exhaust, test pipe, intercooler piping, couplers, clamps, I'm just waiting for the oil lines and exhaust to come and than the turbo will be going in. I would love to hear some feedback.

download you an fsm from www.zeroyon.com and check out the automatic section. They have a diagnostic procedure that will tell you whats wrong if its an elecctrical failure. Mechanical failures it will not point you toward. but the fsm is a great troubleshooting tool.