model s vs model x tesla drag races

Other car or motorcycle or automotive-related videos, no inappropriate content allowed.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

model s vs model x tesla drag races

Post by beercandrifter »

http://www.hybridcars.com/couple-takes- ... ag-racing/

pretty impressive times with their launch control, low mid 11's
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
adamky
SuperMod

Re: model s vs model x tesla drag races

Post by adamky »

Very impressive for sure. The older Model S has this "insane" setting. My buddy told me about his ride in a Tesla and how ridiculously fast it was. I didn't believe him until I went to YouTube and saw videos of people taking off in insane mode. They are ridiculously fast and it's awesome how far electric cars have advanced in the last decade.

As much as I like these huge advances in technology, I can't help but be a little sad as I see these as the beginning of the end of the tradition car scene. Oh well, I'm sure tuners will still find a way to tinker and tune. We'll just be doing it with batteries, wheel motors, and software/firmware enhancements.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: model s vs model x tesla drag races

Post by beercandrifter »

adamky wrote:Very impressive for sure. The older Model S has this "insane" setting. My buddy told me about his ride in a Tesla and how ridiculously fast it was. I didn't believe him until I went to YouTube and saw videos of people taking off in insane mode. They are ridiculously fast and it's awesome how far electric cars have advanced in the last decade.

As much as I like these huge advances in technology, I can't help but be a little sad as I see these as the beginning of the end of the tradition car scene. Oh well, I'm sure tuners will still find a way to tinker and tune. We'll just be doing it with batteries, wheel motors, and software/firmware enhancements.
truthfully, i cant wait for there to be advances in electrical storage mediums. the density/cost of batteries is the only thing preventing me from hopping on that bandwagon right now.

The motors/controllers/electronics are worlds simpler than IC engines, and all of those only cost about 6k for a 9-11 inch motor with controller etc. its the stupid battery packs that cost all the money. I have been watching some of the development in fuel cells and other storage mediums and in the next 10 years we should have some nice advances that will be available to the public (unless your a chemist and want to tackle building a cell with me)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring