Dipstick tube

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Dipstick tube

Post by modulation »

Anyone running any problems with a large t2 and the dipstick tube? I went from T2 turbo with 3" inlet to one with 4", and now the dipstick holder won't fit right. It won't go all the way down into the block since It's like a upside down j, and I can't straighten it out because the top will hit my turbo manifold.

Right now the best I can use it, is to take out the dipstick and if there is a drop or two of oil on the bottom at least I know I'm not that low.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Dipstick tube

Post by p00t »

Where it goes into the block there is a flange. I think if you grind the flat off of that you can spin the tube around, see if that might give you enough clearance. Pictures help too.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I don't know if it will help, but if you use a good MAP torch and heat it up, you can carefully bend and reshape it. But yeah, pics would help.

Speaking of dipsticks, I wish somebody made a replacement dipstick with a good o-ring seal. Or even better would be a locking dipstick with a good seal. Ours suck, especially if you're​ running some sort of crank vacuum setup like I am.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
tuzzio
240sx Wannabe

Post by tuzzio »

When I got mine from flatout, it was bent for his turbo set up...it's now been bent for like, 3 more set ups. It pulls out of the block, almost every time. Its super annoying. I however now have it bent toward the distributor and it doesn't come out anymore.
flip240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by flip240 »

Do you guys use the factory oil dipstick clamp?
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

flip240 wrote:Do you guys use the factory oil dipstick clamp?
Not sure what that is?
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I cut my bracket/clamp off. I also used a long screwdriver and dead blow hammer to knock mine in good and tight.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread