Identify the application of these HKS Coilovers?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
slowKA
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Identify the application of these HKS Coilovers?

Post by slowKA »

Found these HKS HiperMax RS coilovers on eBay, they're dirt cheap, started @ .99c with no reserve. As we all know these are around $1800 coilovers. I'm bidding on them even though I don't know what they're for. I don't want them to get away. I have a feeling they'll go really cheap compared to what they cost because the Application isn't listed.

They're new. Uninstalled. The box is sort of beat up it says, but the coilovers are new.

I tried a web search with the RS number they listed but I got nowhere with that.

I was hoping someone here would be able to look at them and Identify what car they're for. They can only be for a few cars. I hope they're for ours!

Anyway, I can't bid a whole lot on them, and if they're going to get away from me, I wanted to let someone else know about them here so one of you guys can have the opportunity to make a buck or two. They're at about $20 right now... which I would love to get them for, but I know I have competition, and I probably won't get them. :roll:

But based on my knowledge of eBay and proper listings, these aren't going to be well known. They're going to go cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 34450&rd=1
On FA as slow240.

95 Base 5MT; Injen intake, Motoria Single tip exhaust w/ 2nd Cat delete. S14 VLSD. Clutch Masters Alum. Flywheel, KYB GR-2s Specialty Z subframe collars. Nismo Mounts.

KA-T project: COMPLETE! Parts getting fabbed up to work together 06/07/08. Install pending arrival of Fuel Pump and BOV. Should have boost by July!

5/2011 - Lol, totally didn't! I do have two kids though.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
boyce
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by boyce »

Front mounting tab locations..... it IS NOT for a :
s13
MR2 MK2
Celica alltrac
ACURA RSX
VW

Cant find part number either, it doesnt match other hks coilover part numbers even close.
Also the 1 guy bidding has bought 240 stuff, if that is you? :)

Closest thing I can find from location of mounting tabs etc is a
MR2 MK1 85-89
it looks like these coilovers at bottom of page:
http://www.mr2supercharger.com/coilovers.html

If this is the case, it would be worth paying $200 for these coilovers and buying a $1000 MK1 and have some fun! (for $1200, less than the coilovers themselves)
twofortydriver wrote:he got t-boned by a fire hydrant trying to drift before he could do the swap
katinlv
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by katinlv »

WRX.
slowKA

Post by slowKA »

boyce wrote:Front mounting tab locations..... it IS NOT for a :
s13
MR2 MK2
Celica alltrac
ACURA RSX
VW

Cant find part number either, it doesnt match other hks coilover part numbers even close.
Also the 1 guy bidding has bought 240 stuff, if that is you? :)

Closest thing I can find from location of mounting tabs etc is a
MR2 MK1 85-89
it looks like these coilovers at bottom of page:
http://www.mr2supercharger.com/coilovers.html

If this is the case, it would be worth paying $200 for these coilovers and buying a $1000 MK1 and have some fun! (for $1200, less than the coilovers themselves)
Yeah, that's me... I'm aiming to get them if I can. I figure I'll resell them once I figure out what they're for. If I win them. The other douche is a shill bidder for the Seller... just look at his feedback and the random crap he supposedly was legitimately interested in bidding on. It's garbage.

You think an older MR2? These are supposed to be new though, and they're only made for the MK3 or 4 Supra as far as Toys go. I'm sure you already looked at the list of current ones, which these may or may not be... I don't know. I'm hoping they're for a particular application that's of some value. Not that I'll win them. Especially if you bid $200 on them lol... :P

I had no luck whatever trying to figure them out, but I'm pretty sure with them in had, I could sort out what they're for. I figured some smarty pants on here could nail them down though. 8)

Funny... my friend at work drives a WRX and I showed them to him, but he didn't say anything... except that he wouldn't know if they were for him or not. WRX huh... those would be worth some money then. Enough to pay for a basic turbo setup...

MINE! :twisted:

Unless I don't win them. I wish I weren't poor. I don't want to start a bidding war with you people though. Someone needs to score these.
On FA as slow240.

95 Base 5MT; Injen intake, Motoria Single tip exhaust w/ 2nd Cat delete. S14 VLSD. Clutch Masters Alum. Flywheel, KYB GR-2s Specialty Z subframe collars. Nismo Mounts.

KA-T project: COMPLETE! Parts getting fabbed up to work together 06/07/08. Install pending arrival of Fuel Pump and BOV. Should have boost by July!

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
lov2xlr8
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by lov2xlr8 »

are you sure you want to do that? i mean, it smells a little fishy to me...
wanabefast

Post by wanabefast »

I just took out my friends HKS RS rebuild guide and looked up that number that is a serial number witch would be part # 80040-XF001 which is for the wrx. I may be wrong but thats what it looked like to me the sticker on the coil over should have the part number on them so ask the seller to send you a up close 360 pics of the coil over and i can find out for sure what it is
wanabefast

Post by wanabefast »

Here is the phone number for hks usa they can most likely tell you for sure (310) 491 3300
slowKA

Post by slowKA »

wanabefast wrote:I just took out my friends HKS RS rebuild guide and looked up that number that is a serial number witch would be part # 80040-XF001 which is for the wrx. I may be wrong but thats what it looked like to me the sticker on the coil over should have the part number on them so ask the seller to send you a up close 360 pics of the coil over and i can find out for sure what it is
Cool. I'm going to raise my bid to the max I think I'd want to pay, and then we'll see what happens. I'm almost going to agree that they're WRX because I checked out some other types of coilovers for the WRX, and they had similar shape and mounting hardware.

Yeah, it's possible they're damaged I guess. But I'm not going to try to pay a whole lot for them. We'll see what happens I guess.

I might be interested in going halves with someone up to a certain amount and then splitting the profits from the sale. I've got a coworker who's thinking about it. I'd like to get a boost with getting my KA-T setup.
On FA as slow240.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
slowKA

Post by slowKA »

Well I'm not going to be able to win them... so anyone who is looking at them, I'll not bid against you. I'm moving to a new place, so my money is shot until next month.

Good luck to the winner! I say go for it! If they're not $1000 they're a steal. :wink:
On FA as slow240.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS