s14 external coil conversion q's

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
eissan
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

s14 external coil conversion q's

Post by eissan »

K so I convered the s14 to external coil turned it on and it turned on and stayed on but since its still not drivable (needs a new driver side powersteering boot) I didnt drive it and I realized from the JWT diagram I never wired in the condensor thing. Is that important? Should I go back and wire it in or am I fine? anyone have any idea regarding this?
Last edited by eissan on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

i think its the ignition control module your talking about and yes its nessary. how is an S14 coil an upgrade. its just newer. you can get a MSD blaster coil for $50 or so at your local parts store.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc
eissan

Post by eissan »

dopeassjackson wrote:i think its the ignition control module your talking about and yes its nessary. how is an S14 coil an upgrade. its just newer. you can get a MSD blaster coil for $50 or so at your local parts store.
http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/DI ... SISTER.PDF

look at the internal coil pic on the left of the above pic, there is a little cylinder looking thing called the condensor that is what I am referring to. Is that the same thing as the control module your referring to?

edit crap the thread title is wrong :D should be s14 conversion to external coil.
eissan

Post by eissan »

so no one knows if i need the little condensor or not?! someone got to know!!
jay
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by jay »

I'm curious about this too as I will be putting in an S13 distributor and Blaster 2 this afternoon. I would like to know if the condensor is required to operate correctly. JWT has it listed as something that needs to be preformed, but like the wiring instructions they provided for Z32 mafs, I find it best to doublecheck now.

- Jay
KA24DETS14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by KA24DETS14 »

Very interested in this!! Was a answer ever found?
AK-Z

Post by AK-Z »

the condenser is on the S14 distributor anyways. Its wired into the it just like the coil is, so there's not much to worry about

and it looks to me that the guide is to convert to the external setup.