Installing sidefeed injectors (370cc purpletop's)

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
yadonnome123
240sx Wannabe

Installing sidefeed injectors (370cc purpletop's)

Post by yadonnome123 »

Well everyone crys and complains when the time comes to put in their injectors, but its actually really easy. i was doing mine so i decided to snap some pics while i was at it and make a writeup. well here ya go.

Materials:
-KA fuel rail
-injectors
-phillips screwdriver
-petroleum jelly

REMOVAL:
This writeup assumes youve gotten the old injectors already out. didnt take pics of that, but its fairly easy. use a phillips screwdriver to remove the caps. PUSH HARD OR USE A HAMMER!!! these bolts are notorious for stripping so make sure your pushing really hard when trying to remove.

Next, I mounted my fuel rail in a vice to keep it sturdy. then i grabbed some large pliers and clamped on to the top of the injector. some people use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the injector but this usually messes up the old injector pretty badly. After clamping on the top of the injector i just twisted back n forth pulling pretty hard and they just popped out.

INSTALLING NEW INJECTORS:
Ok so get ur crap all together!

Next, apply petroleum jelly to the top and bottom o-rings. you cant use too much here so be generous.

ok so now place the injector into the rail. To put this in DONT TIGHTEN CAPS DOWN-you will tear the o-ring to peices doing this so do it right! to properly install the injector just place it inside the rail and use a twisting motion while pushing down. The injector will kind of pop into place...ull know when its in. after that do all the rest the same way!

heres mine all in there n all =]

And finally, tighen all your caps down! first be sure to check that you got all your rubber grommet thingys under the cap. these just keep pressure on the injectors to keep them down. Hope this helps someone =]
kentoJDM240
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by kentoJDM240 »

Awesome, Great pictures... This is great info
1995 240sx se. Engine out
1990 SOHC Sold
01' Celica GT-S : CAI, Exhaust.
kxmike87
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by kxmike87 »

sticky to hall of fame......admins....for some this is a constant problem
Mike
S14 Kouki Conversion
Fully built KA24DE
BC V3 Cams
SR20 clutch Backing it(the irony)
T3/To4e with dual ball bearing GT CHRA
Z32 MAF
Nistune at 14psi and rising
1000cc Injectors-Precision Turbo
Self_tuned :)
and more....
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

Pretty cool write-up. I vote sticky as well.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper