White Bunny or Name Brand Kit

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
SheDevilS13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

White Bunny or Name Brand Kit

Post by SheDevilS13 »

http://forums.nicoclub.com/240sx-white- ... 27129.html

I'm not sure how many of you have used this setup, but i looked at the amount of torque the suggested car clutches to use made, and I'm not sure if i should do the White Bunny setup, or if i should just suck it up and spend the money for a name brand stage 2 clutch.

I'm looking to make close to 400hp on a built block Ka24De, but i have no idea where the torque will be.

Any opinions would be great! thanks!
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

you will have an equal amount of torque, about.... unless you're like some of these guys who rev it out to 7500 on the dyno to get big numbers.

I just got the whiter bunny setup (RB25 flywheel w/ 350z clutch). I"m excited by its size.

And hey, if you'rue going for 400whp, thats probably more like 450 ft/lbs at the crank.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
1992240sxcoupe
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 1992240sxcoupe »

isnt it a rb20 flywheel?
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

1992240sxcoupe wrote:isnt it a rb20 flywheel?
same thing.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
1992240sxcoupe
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 1992240sxcoupe »

oh i didnt know that... :( lol
ppctx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by ppctx »

I recommend that you to pick either of the flywheel bunny options, whether it be the 240mm "white bunny" or 250mm rb “whiter” style, then and most importantly, a matching good quality clutch of your choosing. A local part store, clutch special, will disappoint and make you say "dam, if I would have spent a few more bucks, I wouldn't have to be under this car again". I’d also suggest getting one rated a bit higher than you think you want as I’m quite sure that the ratings are static, not hard launch ratings.

My autozone specia held great till the first hard launch at the track, then stink'ola.
Unbound Yuurei
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

ppctx wrote:I recommend that you to pick either of the flywheel bunny options, whether it be the 240mm "white bunny" or 250mm rb “whiter” style, then and most importantly, a matching good quality clutch of your choosing. A local part store, clutch special, will disappoint and make you say "dam, if I would have spent a few more bucks, I wouldn't have to be under this car again". I’d also suggest getting one rated a bit higher than you think you want as I’m quite sure that the ratings are static, not hard launch ratings.

My autozone specia held great till the first hard launch at the track, then stink'ola.
+1 I just purchased a rb20det flywheel From ebay. I'm looking into a 350z clutch kit now.
chad b.
240sx Wannabe

Post by chad b. »

Does it matter which year 350z clutch you buy, or are they all the same?

To the OP: I just got off the phone with Competition CLutch. Their stage 4 sprung clutch will hold 500ft lb tq and sells for around $450.
Hell yea, I street race!
Burnout240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Burnout240 »

Mind if I ask why it's called "white bunny"?
basic

Post by basic »

because the orginal person who figured out the swap had the screen name "white bunny". I believe his screen name was a reference to the orginal matrix movie, in which neo is instructed to "follow the white rabbit" but i could be wrong...
'87 200SX Hatch - complete with KA24DE swap.
'91 240SX hatch complete with super rare sunroof insert and bag.
chubbza5 wrote:Well hey, truck engine + truck turbo, why not!
SheDevilS13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by SheDevilS13 »

chad b. wrote:Does it matter which year 350z clutch you buy, or are they all the same?

To the OP: I just got off the phone with Competition CLutch. Their stage 4 sprung clutch will hold 500ft lb tq and sells for around $450.
:D i just received their stage 4 in the mail. i originally wanted the stage 3 carbon kevlar, but it was discontinued. I got mine for about 390ish from lightningmotorsports.

thank you!

And thank you everyone for your opinions. My friends have been pretty concerned about me and an unsprung clutch, being a girl, they think i cant handle it :lol: and finding a higher stage clutch thats sprung was not fun.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

just to add an option for viewers.

RPS 6 puck sprung.....475tq

stiff pedal but the engagement is sooo forgiving.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
91white_ka
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 91white_ka »

sdaigle240 wrote:just to add an option for viewers.

RPS 6 puck sprung.....475tq

stiff pedal but the engagement is sooo forgiving.
I've seen the RPS ran with an exedy street disc on a few 300-350 whp set ups. I'm sold on them,

RPS=AWESOME
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

I'm running the "whiter" setup as well. I completely agree with getting room to play with so that you dont have to swap it out again. I'm in that position now, and I'm postponing it simply because I dont feel like doing another clutch swap (I've done like 8 to this car in about a year).

Anyway another option would be Southbend TZ clutches. They're good to 480 lbs and are full faced clutches.
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

I dont get it, if the flywheel is bigger , (240mm vs 225mm) do you need some ajustement with the starter position?

or is it just the surface area that is bigger and the flywheel circonference is the same?

seen that the jwt z33 flywheel / clutch combo work aswell... but its still not clear for me on how it fit. need some trimmin? how the 9bolt flywheel fit on the 6bolt the ka have?

quite some basic questions, but I didnt find the info while searchin. I'm pretty sure my flywheel clutch wont hold my setup for long, so im starting looking for stronger alternative...
TheOne
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TheOne »

the surface area is bigger, the flywheel is the same size, stock ka has a surface size of 225mm, upgrades usually are 240 or 250mm, 250mm allows you to run a 350z clutch if you hve the pressure plate bolt pattern.

am running Competition clutch stage 4 upgraded flywheel/clutch, clutch is a 250mm 350z clutch, flywheel is comp's that has bolt pattern for both ka & 350z clutches.(which is different cause the z pressure plate is bigger overall).
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

Thank! now the guessing is out of the equation. :D When my clutch will start to slip, in a jwt z33 flywheel and clutch will go... :D
TheOne wrote:the surface area is bigger, the flywheel is the same size, stock ka has a surface size of 225mm, upgrades usually are 240 or 250mm, 250mm allows you to run a 350z clutch if you hve the pressure plate bolt pattern.

am running Competition clutch stage 4 upgraded flywheel/clutch, clutch is a 250mm 350z clutch, flywheel is comp's that has bolt pattern for both ka & 350z clutches.(which is different cause the z pressure plate is bigger overall).