godspeed ka intake manifold

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

First things first Turbonola started with the insults maybe he should just keep to himself... I usually don't argue over such insignificant things but i will not be insulted yes the hurricane katrina comment was overboard and i apologize for it...
Sorry for the threadjack....
I was a moron and I got banned!
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

Friend o mine is supposed to order this manifold. I'll see if we can get a before and after dyno sheet on the two as soon as it comes in.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
trk240sx
240sx Wannabe

Post by trk240sx »

Dont buy this knock off crap. SOB's could not have an original idea if you smacked em with it. Everyone knows knock off quality sucks really bad anyway. Dont be cheap buy original. This is one reason American is in the shape it is in.
nightsauce
NooB

Post by nightsauce »

trk240sx wrote:Dont buy this knock off crap. SOB's could not have an original idea if you smacked em with it. Everyone knows knock off quality sucks really bad anyway. Dont be cheap buy original. This is one reason American is in the shape it is in.
I second this. China's economy is booming because everyone is buying cheaper, knock off products from there instead of the better quality American product. I'd rather spend money on something that someone put time and work into than to get a knock off. 9/10 you get what you pay for.
irritatedmax
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by irritatedmax »

This thread is really frustrating. Not only for katrecipe looking like a five year old, but also because a good company that supports the community got knocked off. Meanwhile, members of said community think it is a great revelation in the KA market. Why? Because you can save a few dollars and get "the same" thing. You guys are completely missing the point. Rich put his time and money into making the original design. Godspeed being the lurker-knockoff-try-to-make-a-quick-buck community they are, bought a Excessive manifold and had it copied. No time or money other than what it took to acquire the manifold.

You can't justify a knock off product with excuses like "an intake manifold isn't an original design" or "the price is too high for the original." A knock off is a knock off. Their quick buck is coming at the expense of someone else. I don't care about your financial situation.

Why do you think quality brands can't make it in the US? Because cheap ass 240 owners will settle for junk with horrible quality and poor fitment. It's just sad state of the industry.
Steve

Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

I totally agree, but opinions of few don't sway the majority. I'm going to take a swing at self-made before I short my motor build funds for a low end torque robbing bolt-on.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Not buying this manifold to "help" the economy would be the equivilent to spitting in a volcano to try and cool it off.

The economy is in the dump because people dont want to work for the product they have. The government is printing money to buy product we will never actually exchange for goods. So basically, the chinese economy is the way it is because the chinese are offering slave labour for free. Having visited china and seen these factories where people leave their families to live in dorms off of their shops to work 7 days a week, I can tell you. We dont want this work and we are the benefactors. Not them.

Too many people fail to see the global economy for what it is. The Chinese are going to work like dogs in an attempt to build up some cache and they'll never get there, take advantage while you can. There is no market for locally produced, high labour products. As soon as demand exceeds affordable supply, the natural reaction is offshore production. If Xcessive doesnt want to tool up and bang off tons of cheap manifolds to fill the market void, someone else can and should. If you try and fight the system out of spite, you're wasting your energy.

"Knocking off" is a normal practice in any kind of manufacturing. This is WHY we have patents. If Xcessive didnt want to put up the money or effort towards getting a patent, there is nothing wrong with anyone copying the product. Everyone on here uses "knock off" products all day. All of your cheap fashions are knock offs of higher end products, your cars are knock offs of other cars, etc etc. I highly doubt we've all paid 2 grand for the music on our Ipods.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

I definitely agree with Jordan100%. As he said, if they wanted to protect against foreseeable skulduggery they would've had to manufacture them at such a low price to where there was no incentive for another business to cut in on the profit. Investment seeks large profit margins, if there is a large amount of dough being made, they will cut in to lower the price...

It is this mechanism that makes this country great, the freedom to produce, and is what drives every cost of every good that you have further and further down. This mechanism is what protects you from 1 guy in a market controlling prices.

As you already said, it would be very difficult to get a patent on a product like this. Since there is no completely new innovation taken place, and this is not meant to downplay the craftsmanship of the manifold at all. Just speaking in terms of patents.

I personally would rather build a manifold, but if i didnt have a welder, i would probably buy this. You do pay for quality with excessive, and every person has to weigh the pros and cons out. Same with ebay wastegates or anything else. But personally, this is the same ole situation as the ole corner grocer vs. the big evil Walmart. I used to hate Walmart, and personally dont like shopping there, but i have grown to have a lot of respect for what the business has done and achieved. If you would rather shop somewhere else, do so, support your local grocery, but you will pay the extra coin and i expect to, the nicer atmosphere is worth it to me. But to ask people to serve a company that has no greater value to them than a cheaper alternative, is asking the masses to sacrifice their wages and their well being for the sake of that small grocer. No man has the right to such a claim. In a free economy you deal with trades, not sacrifices.
It's always broken.
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

katrecipe wrote:You enjoy the company of older men turbonola how was hurricane Katrina???
actually i like little girls like you, you should've been here for that lil storm i didnt mind it at all. maybe the fact that i was in "a" school, doing something with my life unlike you hindered my being there to help. (i did try to get outta a school to go help but uncle sam owned me for the time i was there and wouldnt let me go back.)

the only reason i said to u what i said is because u gave a ricer response. it looks just like exccesives manifold and they are a proud sponsor of ka-t so if you bad mouth their design i take offense to it. do u understand now? was my engrish good enough for u? now go back to the sandbox and finish playing with your twuck.

p.s.
i know how to spell truck. not all the sarcasm in this post.
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

p.s.
i think ppl should feel sorry for katrina survivors anymore. i've lived here all my life and i hate the ppl here that are still trying to milk it. nola is back and getting better ppl. dont jump this guys **** because he made a little remark out of anger.

p.p.s.
i do this arguing thing for fun sometimes guy. dont take offense to it. i do however think you made a ricer statement about the manifod though. yeah it its **** that they copied it but thats how the world we live in works.
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
exnihilos
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by exnihilos »

shoot if its better than stock ill buy it. it would clean up the bay really nice.

LIKE! :D
tom550

Post by tom550 »

you could probably find someone on this forum that would put a minifold together for a similar price that would be much nicer.

maybe lol
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Most people in this thread need to take an economics class. Hell, most people in this country need to take an economics class.

Americans enjoy a high standard of living because it was the worlds greatest manufacturer of goods after world war II. Engineers had developed technological advances that allowed us to make products for a lesser cost than the rest of the world. The profits resulted in high hourly wages, and good living standards for the American people.

As other countries (ie China) catch up in these technologies, they will now have the advantage. They are willing to work in a production plant for $5/hr vs $25/hr in the US. The only way we can maintain our high standard of living is to make technological advances that allow us to be much more productive than competing countries. Unless you are sitting on huge piles of gold or oil, you need a highly productive society to have a high standard of living.

Unless you have lost your job due to outsourcing, it is doing you a favor. You are getting goods at a better price than you would be if they were manufactured in the US. Money drives the market...

Two identical quality TVs at the store, with the same warranties from reliable companies:
Made in China: $300
Made in US: $450

Which are you honestly going to buy? Would you rather not have the chinese option at all? Will you feel bad about buying the chinese TV? $150 bad?
RIP Nate(480sx)...
sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

I agree with you Kfred, except the Chinese are not moving forward with technology. They have to reverse engineer everything because they cant come up with their own ideas..

I work in manufacturing and have to train them at my job...... i dont like it but i can only hope that my company knows how bad the quality goes down when you move the plant.. but then again we already have a plant in china and many other country's, but year after year we are still the top profiting plant in the company..
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

they can't and don't care they are a communist country.

they work for 5 bucks an hour cause the gov gives them every thing els.
how do you thing china bought so many cars last year.

ADD ON:

but on another note. i don't mind buy name brand stuff, just some times its just way to much money some times.

the hole thing you get what you pay for. is ture in most case's but you cant help buy some off bran item that does the job for half the price.

one of the snap on tool truck came to my job. and i asked the guy how can you justify sell in a rachet for 150 f-ing bucks. he said it has a life time warrenty. but i said yeah but i can buy a craftsman for half the price, and it has a life time warrenty it self.
and it will get the job done. he didn't say eny thing.

its things like this why spend so much more money for a name when somthing can do the job at half the price. also with this manifold i wouldn't buy it, its to cheap and cost is still to high.

if i wanted a manifold made i would cut up the metal my self then take it to a shop and have them weld it for dirt cheap. and will proly be better then that mani.
silviaks2nr

Post by silviaks2nr »

so... has anyone bought this yet
98 240sx 5spd
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

silviaks2nr wrote:so... has anyone bought this yet
Some did and posted their opinions
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
Trippen

Post by Trippen »

Guys guys guys....One thing no one mentioned is why we have higher prices in the US on goods.....And only one reason makes sense from a mass production standpoint....Its called UNIONS.......these guys is what has driven our labor rates up to where nothing can get produced. I deal with these guys every time we try to start a microchip plant in any state in the us....Gas line unions, Welders Unions, Steel workers unions. For example a field survey of a plant requires a certain company to convert our documents to en xcel spread sheet cost 20k USD...Why because its an underwriters union. Now i ask you 40 lines of text on an spread sheet is worth 20k...

As for the manifold. Ill be most likely purchasing one because it looks like it could also be used for a Whipple setup with a few mods. Its a shame that it may be a copy but a patient can be applied for if you can show unique features of a product that differ from someone else s. Its easy but many people only file it in their own region. You need to file in all regions to really be protected. Yes i deal with this also within my company. We are a US based company that cant afford Unions. Yes unions were great when the workers were getting screwed back in the 20's now they are more of a hindrance to business.
Trippen-
-Boost is like a bad habit the more you do it the more you want it.-

89 240sx se Hatch-NA RS*R race springs w/AGX's
92 240sx se Convertible-(Wifes Car) NA , Tanabe Coilovers..
95 240sx se KA-T Borded .20 over JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, Arias Pistons, Eagle Rods, 50 trim T3/T4 turbo, 50lb MSD, J30 LSD, Custom Drive shaft,D21 flywheel,PLX-R500 and TurboXS Knock lite. 275.5 tq 246hp @14psi
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

I didnt quite have the stomach to comment on unions. I like talking about the way the market works as opposed to the multitude of ways the government allows its people to completely dick with the only protection we have; the free market.

That said, i completely agree. Unions have gotten so out of hand (as with everything else in this country), that people have come to think jobs are a right. As if THEY built the factory, THEY supplied the thought and effort it took to start the business. I have a job with a big chain parts company, but i NEVER forget, that if it werent for the guys that took the risk in the first place, i wouldnt have a job. And that the only reason i have a job, is because i can make them money. Not because they're running some charity program.

Unions are fine, but..
You shouldnt HAVE to join. It should be optional, if a person of high ability would like to come in and work for the company for less money, they should be allowed to do so. If the wage is that unreasonable, they will not be able to find anything but transient poor quality labor, and the union will have fulfilled its only useful function; to obtain a wage that is consonant with the quality of work required.

I also essentially dont believe in minimum wage, but i think that many of the restrictions upon the market would have to be relinquished in order for it to operate properly. When you got subsidies out the ass, government fingers in more business than i can count, a free wage system would be dangerous in such an atmosphere. Where beurocrats can forcibly stop, start, and collude production at will. ***** em all i guess.

Off topic but hey, im surprised at how many advocates of laissez fare there is mixed in here lol. (or so it appears atleast).
It's always broken.
spartanmisfit
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by spartanmisfit »

So did anybody ever test this out? I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about both the xcessive and godspeed product. MY project cash is running pretty tight now and would like to save the extra cash by buying the godspeed but dont want the headache if it has too many negatives. The problem is if it's basically an exact copy of the xcessive mani then wouldnt they both suck?
Ill never go back to an sr20...
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

supakat has been running one for a while now. Look for his build thread.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

i probably wouldnt bother if you are still sidefeed or if you care about your mid range torque.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s