SAFC NEO Question

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
slo240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

SAFC NEO Question

Post by slo240 »

So I finally put in my built de that is n/a for now but I am running extremely rich, around 9.6 afr, during idle and partial throttle. I have tried adjusting the hotwire settings, currently 2in 5out, but the afr isn't affected (have a z32 MAF ). I have also tried changing the air map but that doesn't do anything either.

I have noticed that when I have the afl % on the guage screen it always reads 100%. I have doule checked all the wiring and it looks correct.

I was wondering if anyone has ever come ascroos this problem before? Could it be due to a dirty/broken maf?

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I an not driving my car in the meantime because I don't want to was out the rings. So far I have gone 50 miles and used over half a tank of gas :( I really want to get this worked out so I can break-in and enjoy my new engine

Ka24de
Je pistons
eagle rods
248/248 cams
apr hardware

Thanks for the help
JIC FLTA2s, tanabe underbody brace, JIC RUCAs, JIC traction rods, JIC rear strut bar

Built ka24de: Eagle rods, JE pistons 9:1, APR main & head studs, beck & arnley bearings, felpro gasket kit, N62 MAF, dual exhaust cam setup, AFC Neo, Innovate MXT-L wideband
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

z32 with stock ecu is a no go in my book. The vq map for the z32 is way different than stock. Do a google search if someone's been able to do a z32 maf with stock ecu and safc.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
slo240

Post by slo240 »

I thoght that the SAFC compensated for the differences in MAFs by having a different hotwire IN setting then the hotwire OUT setting as stated in this post
http://forums.nicoclub.com/bigger-maf-t ... 72840.html

I can't really find anyone that is using a z32 MAF for an n/a ka24de. The only reason I am is because I did a e to de swap and didn't have a de MAF and got a good deal on the z32 MAF.
JIC FLTA2s, tanabe underbody brace, JIC RUCAs, JIC traction rods, JIC rear strut bar

Built ka24de: Eagle rods, JE pistons 9:1, APR main & head studs, beck & arnley bearings, felpro gasket kit, N62 MAF, dual exhaust cam setup, AFC Neo, Innovate MXT-L wideband
240-kid
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 240-kid »

If the MAF was dirt it should throw you into Limp Mode. What kind of gauge do you have? Where is it located? The Neo might be no good.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

I never did it but if you are planning on going boost, might as well get Nistune. I don't like safc because they only alter maf signal which is a waste of time in my book.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Safc is good for fine tunning or like 250 whp. It is 2 out 5 in on a hotwire, idle is idle, try cruising and adjusting air fuel ratio, did you get bigger injectors?
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
slo240

Post by slo240 »

240-kid I have the Innovate MTX-L wide band O2 sensor and guage, the MAF is just after the filter at the end of an intake tube. If that is what you are asking.

Beserker while driving my afr stays close to 9.6 up to 2k rpm, I haven't gone over 2k yet since I am breaking in the engine. As far as I know I have stock 270 injectors, I am using the ones that came with the engine I bought.

I am going to check the z32 wiring tonight to make sure that is all right and I didn't screw anything up.

240-kid

Post by 240-kid »

Lol I hope that's where your MAF is lol jk. Was talking about the Wideband location. Also make sure you can rev over 2500 and not stuck in limp mode. Cause if you are no matter what you do with the AFC the ECU isn't paying attention to it.
slo240

Post by slo240 »

Yeah I was kind of confused by that wondering where else you would put the MAF. The wide band replaced the factory o2 sensor and I wired the narrow band signal directly to the ecu. Next time I take it out I will try and rev it to 3k.

I did have a Q regarding the n62 wiring. I have the white wire going to the white, orange to black and n62 ground to chassis. The question is that the last two wires were in a gray shielding and one was white and one black so I soldered the two together to the black/white wire. Is this right? I have a feeling it isn't...