Clutch slave cylinder question

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
L
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Clutch slave cylinder question

Post by L »

How far is the clutch slave cylinder supposed to extend the fork when the clutch is depressed?

My car started life as an auto, I didn't swap it, but it doesn't have the clutch piping connector like the FSM prescribes, it goes straight from the slave cylinder to the master. Is this right?

I also have a lot less pedal travel then when I took it out. About half way through the travel does it actually get tension. Obviously this isn't right so what am I doing wrong? I bleeded it as well.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

did you set the pedal height per fsm??

not having the pedal set right will cause problems with bleeding it and so on.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

the line can go straight from the master to the slave (most 5speed guys remove the dampener box that usually is between them for easy of bleeding)

you will need to play with the pedal as well, should get resistance shortly after pushing the pedal. slave should have full travel on the fork
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
L

Post by L »

Ok, I'll try adjusting it more, what is the full travel distance?
L

Post by L »

Adjusting the height did not solve the problem.
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Are you pulling the pedal up?
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
L

Post by L »

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I'm just letting the pedal go to the top of it's travel. Beyond that, the amount of tension after it reaches the point where tension occurs, it doesn't seem nearly long enough to disengage the clutch.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

If you can push it down some before you get resistance, then there is still air in the system.

Full travel should be around 0.75" but that's my estimate from just watching it. It may be more.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
L

Post by L »

That worked. As a matter of fact just today I was told that sometimes these hydraulic just need to sit for a day. It now regains tension right after a push the pedal down.