Reliable KA-T /thoughts on GroundPerformance?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
mrgrape
Learners Permit

Reliable KA-T /thoughts on GroundPerformance?

Post by mrgrape »

Okay so I am semi poor college student and have used the search button.....I have a s14 with about 146k on the motor, always using synthetic 10w30 with Purolator 20915 filter

I plan on doing the compression test and leak down test....but was wondering if I should get my oil leak fixed first???(I think it is coming from the oil plan)

I am wanting to go ka-t to stop getting raped by soccer moms in their vans......
I am looking for around 220-270whp on stock internals and plan on boosting to 7-8PSI.
I am also currently running a 3' Reinhard exhaust that makes it real slow on the low end..

Anyways I was just wondering if I should source all the parts myself and then take it to a shop like Parts Shop Max to do the install and then take it to jim Wolf for the tune....or take it to GroundPerformance.... where they would do all the work...for around 2.5-2.8k depending on the kit.

KA24DE-T Starter
- Bottom Mount Turbo Manifold
- SR T25 Turbocharger
- SR 370cc Injectors
- SR Sidemount Intercooler
- SR Turbo Elbow/Downpipe
- Turbo Oil Lines/Bunged Oil Pan
- ROM Tuned ECU
Average HP output: 200~230whp+

KA24DE-T Stage 1
- ISIS V2 Turbo Manifold
- TD05 18G Turbocharger
- 550cc Side Feed Injectors
- Front Mount Intercooler Setup
- ISIS Turbo Elbow/3" Downpipe
- Turbo Oil Lines/Bunged Oil Pan
- ROM Tuned ECU
Average HP output: 250~300whp+

Do you think GroundPerformance is a good deal?? Or to source all those parts myself and take it to PSM where the labor rate is only $60/hr and then Jim Wolf?
mrgrape
Learners Permit

Post by mrgrape »

bump
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

go ahead, keep bumping instead of searching

viewtopic.php?t=54754

Its nothing personal. If I was a moderator, I would have deleted this thread and PM'd you telling you not to do this.

Firstly, this section of the site is for tech questions. Basic Tech questions.
Secondly, you didn't really search this site at all did you? Its better to search, and bump an older thread that's related to your problem then it is to create a new thread of the same issue.
Third, everyone and nobody knows what 'kit' will work best for you. Its your car, read what others are doing, and copy what you like, dis-regard what you don't. Or create something new.

The end.
mrgrape
Learners Permit

Post by mrgrape »

Walperstyle wrote:go ahead, keep bumping instead of searching

viewtopic.php?t=54754

Its nothing personal. If I was a moderator, I would have deleted this thread and PM'd you telling you not to do this.

Firstly, this section of the site is for tech questions. Basic Tech questions.
Secondly, you didn't really search this site at all did you? Its better to search, and bump an older thread that's related to your problem then it is to create a new thread of the same issue.
Third, everyone and nobody knows what 'kit' will work best for you. Its your car, read what others are doing, and copy what you like, dis-regard what you don't. Or create something new.

The end.
I did. I am not asking what to get. I am simply asking what you guys think of GroundPerformance.
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

Very few people on this site have dealt with kits like this. From my reading, 95% of people here have pieced their kits together from scratch. This is my first time hearing about these guys you mentioned.

That being said, I doubt anyone has any feedback for you about that shop honestly.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
car6on14
240sx Wannabe

Post by car6on14 »

do these guys have a website? I agree with above, seems most guys dont do kits, best bet is to just talk to ther customers who they have worked on their vehicles. also at 146k, you would prolly want to starting saving for some eng work, I kno i c ppl on here that run T25's and dont rebuilt, but personally I would atleast replace my 20 yr old head gasket first... I kno some stuff like welding in the bung etc requires special tools, but do what you can, by getting work done at the shop, your going to miss alot of learning opportunities that unless you have done acouple turbo cars, there is no other way to learn, its a pain, but learning simple things can save you alot of time or problems in the future. I took my 240 to a shop that was supposedly the best, they charged me $100 an hr when i first got it bc I felt I didnt kno enough about suspension work / setup. 3 yrs later, ive learned what I need to, and have found things they missed and wouldnt go back.
92 Coupe - forged internals - stage 2 cams / ss valves
Aem Series 1 - Billet 50 Trim - ram style manifold- Aero 340
Hydro Ebrake - JSK coilovers - ISIS Rucas - Hicas rack - Ksport BBK
gold zenki
240sx Wannabe

Post by gold zenki »

^^^^amen to that.
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

I'd fix the oil leak and make sure evyerthing is in tiptop shape, turbo and reliable dont belong in the same sentence just fyi, especially if u r poor...
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through