KA24de Plug identification and t25 setup questions

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Johnny_k
NooB

KA24de Plug identification and t25 setup questions

Post by Johnny_k »

Sup guys been on the forum for awhile but never signed up. Now that i got the turbo on the engine and engine in the car i have a few questions and hoping you can help.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a drift event in 4 wks, it still needs a break in and tune.

First up, I need help identifying these plugs.

Plug 1 - im pretty sure this is an 02 sensor and not needed, can someone confirm?

Plug 2

Plug 3

Plug 4

Plug 5

Plug 6

Plug 7 - Where does this vacuum hose go? can it be blocked off?
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

1. O2
2. Knock sensor possibly
3. ? Maybe A/C
4. Evap solenoid
5. Evap solenoid
6. Looks like TPS
That is typically run to a catch can then valve cover or just to the valve cover. You can block it off.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
Johnny_k
NooB

Post by Johnny_k »

^ thxs, do i need 1,2,4 and 5?
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

If you took the Evap stuff off, you won't need 4 and 5. You can use those solenoids to make your own staged boost control, however.
1 is only important if you are going to use your stock O2 for any reason. Most wideband systems can simulate it, and a stand alone ECU will not need it.
2 you will need if you want to use your knock sensor on a stand alone, or if you are using the stock ecu.
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
smbonn2005
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by smbonn2005 »

2 is another Evap connector, not needed.
Kruked

Post by Kruked »

Off topic. /\ Elaborate some more for me pertaining plug 4/5 in a pm about staged boost control. Please.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windshield, it said 'Parking Fine.'
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

^ Share it with the class or start a new thread! No need to keep secrets in our community.

2 looks like it could be for the speed sensor as well. Not sure where it usually stays, though. I have my A/C removed and I never saw a spare one of those-type plugs.

1 definitely O2 sensor

6 positively TPS

3,4,5 - probably emissions garbage that I never needed :D those are unused on my harness too.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Check it
http://ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t= ... l+stage%2A
Airman, you actually posted in that thread LOL
Just call me Adam.
08 Honda Fit
Johnny_k
NooB

Post by Johnny_k »

airman wrote:^ Share it with the class or start a new thread! No need to keep secrets in our community.

2 looks like it could be for the speed sensor as well. Not sure where it usually stays, though. I have my A/C removed and I never saw a spare one of those-type plugs.

1 definitely O2 sensor

6 positively TPS

3,4,5 - probably emissions garbage that I never needed :D those are unused on my harness too.

u are correct, the only one i have plugged up is the TPS and the car starts and runs. thxs for ur help.

So as far a vacuum lines, do we only have the 4 under the throttle body, FPR, and brake booster?

Trying to figure out where to put vacumm lines for the wastegate, bov and boost controller. Heard the FPR vacuum is a big no no
ka-torqy

Post by ka-torqy »

plug 2 : to tranny or starter or knock sensor?
plug3: that hvac box thing that used to be there<<<<hihgly doubt it thouhg....or the sprak plug amplifier box in front of the strut tower
plug 4 : to tranny or starter or knock sensor
plug 5: power steering or MBC
plug 7: to the head on the passenger side vacuume tube.

i have my harnest still in the engine bay right were everything will be...and the motor out...i could take a look if you still need me to
Kruked

Post by Kruked »

airman wrote: Trying to figure out where to put vacumm lines for the wastegate, bov and boost controller. Heard the FPR vacuum is a big no no
I have just 4 vacuum lines. Brake booster, BOV, boost gauge and turbo to waste gate.
Boost gauge is on the vacuum running from the nipple on the back of the intake to the fpr. Works just fine
BOV is hooked up to a vacuum under the throttle body. Works just fine.
Ones boost controller will T into the line in between the turbo and waste gate, and then the other vacuum source for the boost controller goes to the top-hat on the waste gate.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windshield, it said 'Parking Fine.'