flooding out, badly

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
broken40s
240sx Wannabe

flooding out, badly

Post by broken40s »

so, i replaced my short block on saturday, and car has been running pretty good. replaced plugs and wires while i was at it. so i drive to work today, and go to start it when i get off, and wouldnt you know it, d@mn thing wont start.

it has had a tendency to try and start up super rich at times, so i pull the pump fuse and crank it, usually takes care of it but not today. it floods out so bad to the point of hydralock.

not throwing any codes. i figure its either i JUST had an injector or 2 crap out (not too likely), my harness is so bad now that crazy things are happening (most likely since harness is in bad shape) or my fpr took a dump.

kinda lost on where to go from here. i think imma pull my fuel rail and see if i got some leaky injectors, put a guage on my fuel line, and then double check my cam timing. if everything checks out, time for a new harness i guess. think i'm on the right track? anyone else have any suggestions?
95 240, nothing special
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Sounds like leaky injector but it should not hydrolock. I hope the rotating assembly is not to blame. Try turning the crank by hand and see what you feel.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
NeverSatisfied
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by NeverSatisfied »

Just to see if it is actually flooding or if it might be something else, pull your plugs and bump the motor. If its flooding as bad as you suspect it will throw up fuel out of the cylinders. If it IS hydrolocked, my money would be that your fpr **** the bed. Just my .02
If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.