T25 hot pipe help?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Drift99
240sx Wannabe

T25 hot pipe help?

Post by Drift99 »

Hey I need some advice for setting up my hot pipe. Im dropping in an S13 T25. I'd like to use the SR inlet and outlet pipes if possible. Im trying to decide which direction I should angle the outlet pipe. I rather point it slightly downward to keep the IC piping as short as possible but if I do that then the actuator gets in the way of the elbow by like 2 or 3mm.. If i point it upward then the outlet pipe basically is touching the #1 cylinder manifold pipe and im sure that wouldn't help with keeping the air cool. Plus installing a coupler that close to the mani would definitely be sketchy. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Jake
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

I did mine pointing straight up like your second picture when I had a t2 setup. You'll be fine that way. By the time the air has passed through your piping and intercooler, it will be cooled again. Having it pass near the manifold like that isn't going to affect it.

It's much easier that way, in comparison to modifying your actuator mounting just so you have the piping pointing down....
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Drift99
240sx Wannabe

Post by Drift99 »

Thanks man. Thats what im going to do (straight up). It also makes hooking up the inlet pipe and MAF way easier too.
240sxfan6882
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 240sxfan6882 »

I'm converting to a similar setup. Does anyone know which hot pipe will connect to a front mount intercooler? As of now my pipes connect right near the holes next to the charcoal canister. I have an S14. There's S13 and S14 pipes. Thanks!
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Rotate the compressor cover a little. That will help.
Also, heat wrap that manifold. I even put heat reflective tape on my piping and brake booster.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

I have my outlet facing upwards as well, it's extremely close but I have heat wrap and a heat shield, absolutely no problems.
And I have an S14 but all the parts I am running were made for and came from an S13, the hotpipe meets the FMIC piping at the pre-existing hole.
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through