Buying an S13 KA24DE Oil Pump

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Mercury_Hg
Dreams of owning a 240!

Buying an S13 KA24DE Oil Pump

Post by Mercury_Hg »

I'm looking for an oil pump for a bulletproof KA-T build. What are my options?

Searching Courtesy Parts, pulls up this: http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_ ... n=Go&cat=1
What's wrong with buying the oil pump and reusing the old cover? Most pumps for sale are preassembled. Would I need anything else beyond a new pump if I wanted to reuse my old cover?

Also, I found this locally: http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pts/3023380339.html
After some Googling I've determined that this is a Top Line oil pump. I've heard mixed reviews. Anyone know anything about how well these work with the KA?

I've tried FRSport, but they don't have S13 pumps.

EDIT: What about Beck Arnley pumps?

I'm not afraid of dropping $200-$300 on an oil pump if anything less means an oil-starved engine. What do you guys do?
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Problem with using the old timing cover... The gears are steel, they seal directly against the timing cover which is aluminum. The gears generally dont wear much, the timing cover does. Time to get an OEM timing cover too.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Mercury_Hg
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Mercury_Hg »

schmauster920 wrote:Problem with using the old timing cover... The gears are steel, they seal directly against the timing cover which is aluminum. The gears generally dont wear much, the timing cover does. Time to get an OEM timing cover too.
Okay, thank you. Which brand do you recommend I go with?
Super Coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Super Coupe »

Someone on here mentioned the Beck and Arnley is an OEM timing cover, just with the nissan part ground off. Like the one you posted a picture of.
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

I would be wary of the "high performance oil pump" .. i know the TOGA pumps were horrible, nothing wrong with OEM
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Kruked
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Kruked »

+1 for OEM Nissan.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windshield, it said 'Parking Fine.'
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

have an newer (1k miles on it) oem nissan pump sitting in my garage from my block i just took apart if you want oem.

on all the reviews I have seen since messing with the ka, oem was the only way to go, even the single digit guys were using oem oil pumps and just shimming the float on them

by the way, you can use the s14 pump on a s13 as long as you have the upper timing cover to go with it. saves quite a bit of money when ordering a new one. not quite sure why the s13 one was more, seemed kinda silly
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

west covina nissan in cali aka thenismoshop. 195$
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s