s13 dizzy question

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Kruked
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

s13 dizzy question

Post by Kruked »

On the s13 distributors, can one swap the internals under the cap & rotor from one to another
w/o timing complications?
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windshield, it said 'Parking Fine.'
broken40s
240sx Wannabe

Post by broken40s »

i believe you can.
95 240, nothing special
Kruked

Post by Kruked »

I did so trying to diagnose a problem that may or may not be "the problem" and now the car wont start. It just cranks. It was a late night friday so I may have unplugged something and forgot to plug it back in and didn't realize it Saturday afternoon. We'll see what's up tomorrow when I go to the shop.

Thanks.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windshield, it said 'Parking Fine.'
Kruked

Post by Kruked »

Everything turned out fine w/ the timing. Car wouldn't start because the injectors were fouled out. Sad to say though, car still runs like poo and the dizzy isn't the problem.
Jmoore124
240sx Wannabe

Post by Jmoore124 »

The only thing you can change in the distributor without taking it out is the cap and rotor. That is not the internals to the distributor. In order to actually check if it is bad, you need to replace the entire unit.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

No, you can change the wheel but the pickup module is weird. It has two screws to take out but when you do, it has prongs that go into the other side. I did not try taking it off cause I only needed to change the wheel but it seems that you can change it out.

12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel